Sponsored

US tax credits and the pending bill [Warning: NO POLITICS]

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
So all these tax credits are costing us zero dollars?
EXACTLY. People act like handouts don’t come from somewhere. You are paying for them in some form, like it or not. Better off giving people opportunities, and more of what they earn, than giving them free stuff.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Patriots and Eagles fans??? I mean, I'd accept an example of Giants and Eagles fans, Cowboys and Eagles fans, heck - SF Giants and Dodgers fans who actually have killed each other. The Eagles and Pats play but once every 4 years.... not much of a fan-base rivalry there.

There was this one game in Minneapolis on 2/4/18. I was there and can say with certainty that there were no fights, only celebrations (and some tears)! 41-33 GO BIRDS!!!

Sorry - back to politics... err... Jeep convo ;-)
LOL Yes a bad analogy on my part. Just picked two teams at random with a loyal base.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL US tax credits and the pending bill [Warning: NO POLITICS] 1635515003278
For whatever reason that they’ve determined (it seems pretty obvious to me), the people who own/control/administrate this forum have implemented a few very simple rules. One of them that has been made abundantly clear - over and over again - is that discussion of politics is not allowed. Period. Yet some of you mouth breathers simply cannot get that through your skulls. You cannot refrain from making anything- everything - your bully pulpit to spout off the gospel according to you (or whatever political ideology has brainwashed you). Can you just not? I’m seriously asking. Can you just discuss or even disagree about the Jeep related issue at hand without dragging politics into it? It gets really tiresome for the rest of us who can just follow the simple rule. Nobody who matters cares what you think about it. Just follow the rule man. It’s pretty easy for most of us. How much Jeep related content that has value has to be shut down or deleted because of your self important need to tell everyone what you feel politically about it before you get the point?

Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Curious: is meta-politicking allowed?

For whatever reason that they’ve determined (it seems pretty obvious to me), the people who own/control/administrate this forum have implemented a few very simple rules. One of them that has been made abundantly clear - over and over again - is that discussion of politics is not allowed. Period. Yet some of you mouth breathers simply cannot get that through your skulls. You cannot refrain from making anything- everything - your bully pulpit to spout off the gospel according to you (or whatever political ideology has brainwashed you). Can you just not? I’m seriously asking. Can you just discuss or even disagree about the Jeep related issue at hand without dragging politics into it? It gets really tiresome for the rest of us who can just follow the simple rule. Nobody who matters cares what you think about it. Just follow the rule man. It’s pretty easy for most of us.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
So all these tax credits are costing us zero dollars?
It's more like you choose how your taxes are spent with money you have made. It only comes from your liability.

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
If you want to grow a market for EVs, how about letting tax payers keep more of their money instead of handing it out to “help” foster EVs when the grid can’t support a sizeable population of them and energy costs are only going up (and up and up). If the government got out of the “mandate” business and just allowed markets to respond to consumer demand naturally, we could see genuine, sustainable progress. Honestly, I don’t care what side of the political aisle you are on; they’re both corrupt to the core and only interested in acquiring more and more power.
It is understood that fossil fuels contribute to global warming and the majority of Americans want to see some action to regulate this problem.
One of the solutions is a move to electric vehicles and the federal and some states realize that incentiving this program is in the best interest of the country.
As Spock once said, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Sponsored

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
I think incentives on the high performance vehicles do not make sense regardless of buyer income level. The new hummers, performance teslas, porches etc should be capable of competing on their own in their respective classes. Where the incentives should be are for an inexpensive small sedan or cuv. If the goal was for widespread ev adoption, replacing all of those civics, corolas, escapes, crvs, rav 4s and rogues should be the goal. Right now theres no good option for an EV for around $25,000. Car producers are going after the high profit segments. Which is fine with me. I'm just saying if they are going give incentives, I'd rather they go to the segments that most people drive.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
EVs still greatly contribute to carbon output, just not as much. Non plug in EVs reduce carbon by a little over 25% compared to a gas vehicle (https://energy.mit.edu/research/mobilityofthefuture/).

The EV is no where near the silver bullet people want them to be. And that requires people keeping them for a few years when Americans exchange cars every 6 to 8 years.

Incentivize work from home and forget the EV tax credit. Waking up and going on a computer doesn’t produce much carbon and it will have an immediate and obvious contribution starting instantly. Or ride a bike. Americans are too fat anyway.