US HIgh Line Fender Flares

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Congratulations, Giorgo, on finally having your Jeep delivered!! 8 months, dang, that means I shouldn’t expect mine earlier than March... :facepalm: nice job with the fenders, with your color they look nice in body color. With different body color I’d personally prefer black fenders. Can’t wait my Jeep to arrive to install all the goodies , I hope I have the correct brackets and caps in my US steel rear bumper full kit... UPS has slightly damaged it during shipping, so I have some scratches on those caps at both ends and one of them is bent out a little - still want to get at least some compensation from them as it’s totally unacceptable considering the cost of shipping, but it’s so hard to find anybody responsible for that in Cyprus...
Happy Jeeping, enjoy your new toy!:jk: (yes,I’m damn jealous, I won’t even deny that :LOL:)
Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I can see you also don’t have the tow hook, even you ordered it. I think it’s not compatible with EU rear bumper, but how they can charge us for this option and not provide it?... and if I install the US steel rear bumper - probably then it’s possible to have the tow hook?

OP
OP

Kokis

First Name
Giorgos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
As I can see you also don’t have the tow hook, even you ordered it. I think it’s not compatible with EU rear bumper, but how they can charge us for this option and not provide it?... and if I install the US steel rear bumper - probably then it’s possible to have the tow hook?
unfortunately yes it came without the tow hook. they said they will order it as an accessory (part - LA221153AA) but i don't trust them Marat. I really need that tow hitch so i have to find a solution to that. i will either replace the bumper or try to find somebody to custom made it for me. will see...

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Well after 8 months it finally arrived! My very first mod was to change the tyres and fender flares.
1) Replaced stock tyres (BFG Mud 255/75R17) with 285/70R17 Toyo AT. May be not better appearance but definitely a better ride
2) 4 x Spidertrax wheel spaces. IMO this was inevitable to "fill" the larger/wider US flares vs shorter axles (kept stock wheels)
3) Painted Rubicon US fender flares & rear end bumper caps. Took me about 4 hours, not that difficult but i was a bit nervous not to brake anything :). The most difficult part was to align correct the inner fenders. Reg the rear end caps correct part no. is 68319213AB in order to match the rear high fenders. You will also need the inner bracket 68335625AB although it is possible to fit it without it.
Well done, nice result.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
sorry to dig up a dead thread, but just to verify:
if I want to replace the stock flares on my JL with the Rubicon fenders, I need (assuming I"m staing with the factory plastic sport bumber):
82215743ac fender flares
68319213ab rear bumper end cap
65335625ab rear bumper end cap bracket

do the inner liners come with the fenders, or is that another purchase?

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorry to dig up a dead thread, but just to verify:
if I want to replace the stock flares on my JL with the Rubicon fenders, I need (assuming I"m staing with the factory plastic sport bumber):
82215743ac fender flares
68319213ab rear bumper end cap
65335625ab rear bumper end cap bracket

do the inner liners come with the fenders, or is that another purchase?
I had exactly the same item 82215743ac and it DID come with the inner liners. For the end caps and brackets I can't tell 100% as I had these included in the rear steel bumper full kit, but it looks fine for me.

BanditXXX

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
@Kokis i am about to do the same as you have done - installing the high fender on an EU JL Rubicon and wheel spacers.

i have one question about the wheel spacers:
i am running BFG 285/70 R17. what size of wheel spacers do you suggest to fill the gap of the wider fenders? are they sooo much wider than the stock fenders when looking at the top lid of the EU fenders?

thanks for your help.

OP
OP

Kokis

First Name
Giorgos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
@Kokis i am about to do the same as you have done - installing the high fender on an EU JL Rubicon and wheel spacers.

i have one question about the wheel spacers:
i am running BFG 285/70 R17. what size of wheel spacers do you suggest to fill the gap of the wider fenders? are they sooo much wider than the stock fenders when looking at the top lid of the EU fenders?

thanks for your help.
mine are 40mm wide and they are just fine.

BanditXXX

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ups, i ordered 25mm on each side - 50mm per axle. are yours 40mm on each side or 40mm per axle?
perhaps i should install the fenders first and order the wheel spacers later. in germany the wheels are not allowed to stand out below the fenders - only the outside of the wheels.

OP
OP

Kokis

First Name
Giorgos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
ups, i ordered 25mm on each side - 50mm per axle. are yours 40mm on each side or 40mm per axle?
perhaps i should install the fenders first and order the wheel spacers later. in germany the wheels are not allowed to stand out below the fenders - only the outside of the wheels.
mine are 40mm each and the tyres stand a little bit further than the fenders, Therefore 25mm should be just fine

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25 mm spacers should be fine and with this tire size most probably tires won’t stick out. Just make sure and double check that the wheels’ studs are not longer than 25 mm - otherwise they might stick out above the spacer’s outer surface and will not let you fit the wheel securely tight, which in turn is extremely dangerous. I had that issue with 20 mm spacers, hopefully 25 mm will be just fine.

BanditXXX

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25 mm spacers should be fine and with this tire size most probably tires won’t stick out. Just make sure and double check that the wheels’ studs are not longer than 25 mm - otherwise they might stick out above the spacer’s outer surface and will not let you fit the wheel securely tight, which in turn is extremely dangerous. I had that issue with 20 mm spacers, hopefully 25 mm will be just fine.
thanks for the information and advice! as far as i know the problem with the wheels studs, which need to be shortened a little, is only with the 20mm spacers - the 25mm spacers should be fine.

BanditXXX

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks to the great and detailed information from @Kokis i also ordered the required parts for installing the high top fenders. i also installed wheel spacers with 25mm on each side. looks more rugged now... very happy now.

before
Jeep Wrangler JL US HIgh Line Fender Flares IMG_0825_edit

Jeep Wrangler JL US HIgh Line Fender Flares IMG_0828_edit

after
Jeep Wrangler JL US HIgh Line Fender Flares IMG_0491_edit_high_fender

Jeep Wrangler JL US HIgh Line Fender Flares IMG_9982_edit_high_fender

Jeep Wrangler JL US HIgh Line Fender Flares IMG_1575_edit_high_fender

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks to the great and detailed information from @Kokis i also ordered the required parts for installing the high top fenders. i also installed wheel spacers with 25mm on each side. looks more rugged now... very happy now.

before

after

Awesome looking Jeep, Dennis! Great job!

BanditXXX

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome looking Jeep, Dennis! Great job!
thank you, now it looks a little more like an US stock rubicon (wonder why they change so much for the EU models).
Sponsored