Ursa Minor?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
GrumpyBadger The height on my rig with the Ursa Minor is 7'4" from ground at middle of rear tire up to the rear Yakima rack. That is the highest point overall. So without rack, probably just under 7".
7’ without the rack? That’s with a 2” lift and 35’s? Seems so low.
Sponsored

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
7’ without the rack? That’s with a 2” lift and 35’s? Seems so low.
I used a tape measure. Was careful on the up/down. Can't be off by more than an inch. If you are still concerned, I will take the time to remeasure and take a picture, Just let me know. I'd be happy to. Working on the Jeep every night after work.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I used a tape measure. Was careful on the up/down. Can't be off by more than an inch. If you are still concerned, I will take the time to remeasure and take a picture, Just let me know. I'd be happy to. Working on the Jeep every night after work.
Haha I believe you but if you could do another measurement just for fun I would appreciate it! This top is something I am still seriously considering but garage height is a concern. I have about 7'2" to work with.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Haha I believe you but if you could do another measurement just for fun I would appreciate it! This top is something I am still seriously considering but garage height is a concern. I have about 7'2" to work with.
No worries. I totally understand, its a big investment. Just to take the randomness of springs, bumps, tires and tire pressure out of the picture, I'll pick points on the JLU body to measure from at the front and rear, that should get you an apples-to-apples number to work with. Will also measure with and without the removable skyline racks on.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
No worries. I totally understand, its a big investment. Just to take the randomness of springs, bumps, tires and tire pressure out of the picture, I'll pick points on the JLU body to measure from at the front and rear, that should get you an apples-to-apples number to work with. Will also measure with and without the removable skyline racks on.
Awesome thanks!

Sponsored

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Awesome thanks!
Intentsrig, just measured from the bottom of driver's door to top at 53.5" On my rig, from the ground, 80.5". At the rear, from the ground, just under 85". So, yhea, I guess if your garage is strictly 84" - this will be a squeaker. The optional Yakima skyline towers and bar are 3.5" from wherever they are mounted. So, let's say another 2" on top of the rear measurement or just under 87". The yakima towers are super easy to take off - under a minute. So, I'd call it just under 85" - 7" 1".

Height Ursa Minor on 35s 2%22 lift JL.jpeg

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Intentsrig, just measured from the bottom of driver's door to top at 53.5" On my rig, from the ground, 80.5". At the rear, from the ground, just under 85". So, yhea, I guess if your garage is strictly 84" - this will be a squeaker. The optional Yakima skyline towers and bar are 3.5" from wherever they are mounted. So, let's say another 2" on top of the rear measurement or just under 87". The yakima towers are super easy to take off - under a minute. So, I'd call it just under 85" - 7" 1".

Height Ursa Minor on 35s 2%22 lift JL.jpeg
Ohh nice! What lift do you have?

Last edited:

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Ohh nice! What lift do you have?
Sure. I have the Mopar standard 2" factory lift and 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country R/T tires on 17" rims. Tires are currently inflated to 40psi. If you use the 'from the driver door' measurement of 53.5" I found plus the 4" rise from front to back, that gives 57.5" plus whatever measurement you get from the ground to the lower gap on the driver door. That's going to be the closest estimate we can get to your rig I think.

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I just got #26 for the JL installed in San Diego on Monday 9/14/20. Was told they are shipping about 4 per week now. Even if they did another set of molds, shop space is full. So, without more real estate and team, and cash infusion to ramp, I'd suspect they'll be at the same pace for a bit. There have been and continue to be certain supply shortages that are frustrating their ability to get them out. The CA business shutdown orders did not help either. Known: Rear quarter panel windows unavailable, ARB awnings sold out, that's all I heard about from Chris in SD and the owner John up North. Listen ... I spent a night in this on the way home from Cali at about 4000 feet in NM. It was so easy, so slick. Literally took under a minute to have up and less than 3 for me to be in the bed, lil buddy heater on, lights turned off and snuggled. I know I'm going to use the hell out of this thing. It's built like a tank, so many little thoughtful features (the guys in shop use them and are constantly tweaking, upgrading). Will post some pix of mine and add comments to supplement what's already in here. I can't figure out how to post the darned pix ... but I'll figure it out shortly.
Question...Did you ask if they can install the UM and how much was the installation? I'm surprise they installed the UM during covid. Only reason i'm asking about the installation is that I only live an hour and a half away and don't really have anyone that can help me install, but if they can install during covid, then i will more likely pull the trigger now, than later. thanks in advance.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Question...Did you ask if they can install the UM and how much was the installation? I'm surprise they installed the UM during covid. Only reason i'm asking about the installation is that I only live an hour and a half away and don't really have anyone that can help me install, but if they can install during covid, then i will more likely pull the trigger now, than later. thanks in advance.
Yes. They installed. I dropped it off in the am - never went inside. I took an uber back to my hotel, did a few hours of sightseeing on the water on my longboard, got (a takeout) lunch, then went back in the afternoon when it was ready. That was all. Had hand sanitizer and a can of lysol and paper towels. Felt totally comfortable. Although, if you put an order in now you might not get an appointment until post-COVID :) Don't wait! Call them for ETA and place the order. You might also be able to get one that is cancelled. That happens from time to time. Someone puts a deposit down and after build cancels.

Sponsored

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. They installed. I dropped it off in the am - never went inside. I took an uber back to my hotel, did a few hours of sightseeing on the water on my longboard, got (a takeout) lunch, then went back in the afternoon when it was ready. That was all. Had hand sanitizer and a can of lysol and paper towels. Felt totally comfortable. Although, if you put an order in now you might not get an appointment until post-COVID :) Don't wait! Call them for ETA and place the order. You might also be able to get one that is cancelled. That happens from time to time. Someone puts a deposit down and after build cancels.
Thanks for the quick response. Curious do you know what type of payment they take (Credit Card -for points?) and how much is the deposit? thanks again in advance.

Upfront

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangle
Hopefully I will have pictures to post soon:like:
Talked to John just a bit ago and our top should be crated up and shipped tomorrow!
just signed up for this trend. Well I have also ordered a ursa top
and I got word it was shipping this week ordered it last May,2020. Jeep is ready for it. Will post photos this weekend of the build.

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
just signed up for this trend. Well I have also ordered a ursa top
and I got word it was shipping this week ordered it last May,2020. Jeep is ready for it. Will post photos this weekend of the build.
Nice....I just ordered mine early january 2021, was hoping to get it within 7 months....hopefully I get it before November...for my annual 5-day utah trip.

Helajames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
I Spoke with John from Ursa Minor this week. New orders August. They are ramping up production so they should be doing more volume soon. I ordered in September and was told mid-March at the latest maybe sooner depending on the new volume.

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I Spoke with John from Ursa Minor this week. New orders August. They are ramping up production so they should be doing more volume soon. I ordered in September and was told mid-March at the latest maybe sooner depending on the new volume.
Thanks for the info/update...btw...i ordered (january 5th) mine through the phone..and was told an email with my order description would be sent. i know they are busy, so I figured they haven't gotten around in sending the email. How long did it take for you to get an email order confirmation? Thanks in advance (appreciate the help).
Sponsored