Ursa Minor?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
GrumpyBadger The height on my rig with the Ursa Minor is 7'4" from ground at middle of rear tire up to the rear Yakima rack. That is the highest point overall. So without rack, probably just under 7".
7’ without the rack? That’s with a 2” lift and 35’s? Seems so low.

Advertisement

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Corporate Tax
7’ without the rack? That’s with a 2” lift and 35’s? Seems so low.
I used a tape measure. Was careful on the up/down. Can't be off by more than an inch. If you are still concerned, I will take the time to remeasure and take a picture, Just let me know. I'd be happy to. Working on the Jeep every night after work.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I used a tape measure. Was careful on the up/down. Can't be off by more than an inch. If you are still concerned, I will take the time to remeasure and take a picture, Just let me know. I'd be happy to. Working on the Jeep every night after work.
Haha I believe you but if you could do another measurement just for fun I would appreciate it! This top is something I am still seriously considering but garage height is a concern. I have about 7'2" to work with.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Corporate Tax
Haha I believe you but if you could do another measurement just for fun I would appreciate it! This top is something I am still seriously considering but garage height is a concern. I have about 7'2" to work with.
No worries. I totally understand, its a big investment. Just to take the randomness of springs, bumps, tires and tire pressure out of the picture, I'll pick points on the JLU body to measure from at the front and rear, that should get you an apples-to-apples number to work with. Will also measure with and without the removable skyline racks on.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
No worries. I totally understand, its a big investment. Just to take the randomness of springs, bumps, tires and tire pressure out of the picture, I'll pick points on the JLU body to measure from at the front and rear, that should get you an apples-to-apples number to work with. Will also measure with and without the removable skyline racks on.
Awesome thanks!

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Corporate Tax
Awesome thanks!
Intentsrig, just measured from the bottom of driver's door to top at 53.5" On my rig, from the ground, 80.5". At the rear, from the ground, just under 85". So, yhea, I guess if your garage is strictly 84" - this will be a squeaker. The optional Yakima skyline towers and bar are 3.5" from wherever they are mounted. So, let's say another 2" on top of the rear measurement or just under 87". The yakima towers are super easy to take off - under a minute. So, I'd call it just under 85" - 7" 1".

Height Ursa Minor on 35s 2%22 lift JL.jpeg

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Intentsrig, just measured from the bottom of driver's door to top at 53.5" On my rig, from the ground, 80.5". At the rear, from the ground, just under 85". So, yhea, I guess if your garage is strictly 84" - this will be a squeaker. The optional Yakima skyline towers and bar are 3.5" from wherever they are mounted. So, let's say another 2" on top of the rear measurement or just under 87". The yakima towers are super easy to take off - under a minute. So, I'd call it just under 85" - 7" 1".

Height Ursa Minor on 35s 2%22 lift JL.jpeg
Ohh nice! What lift do you have?

Last edited:

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Corporate Tax
Ohh nice! What lift do you have?
Sure. I have the Mopar standard 2" factory lift and 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country R/T tires on 17" rims. Tires are currently inflated to 40psi. If you use the 'from the driver door' measurement of 53.5" I found plus the 4" rise from front to back, that gives 57.5" plus whatever measurement you get from the ground to the lower gap on the driver door. That's going to be the closest estimate we can get to your rig I think.

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement