Urgent request for help

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey group I’ve got an emergency SOS situation going on any help is appreciated. Leaving tomorrow night for a 1300 mile trip home. Just went to the store, after getting back in the Jeep the speakers popped and the radio shut off. I turned the Jeep off and on. The clock had reset to 1200. Stopped for gas no issues. Got home and as soon as I stopped in the driveway it shut off by itself and said start stop required then the gear indicator started flashing ( was in park) “P” then got a service transmission message!!! Any ideas of what’s going on? 18 JLU Sport 2.0
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Just off the cuff, loose ground or one of your batteries is going bad. These jeeps go stupid when either happens.

Last edited:

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
^ ^^^^^ what he said

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Check battery cables for tightness, maybe failing aux battery which can be bypassed.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
Let's hope it is not a battery issue because he has the 2.0 engine, which means no aux battery but the larger 48v system. Fortunately the BSG 48v battery pack does not have the same notoriety of going bad as the 3.6 aux battery for ESS. I would definitely go over all main grounds you can find and check to ensure all fuses are seated. I've read more than one instance of people reseating fuses not properly set from the factory that fixed odd electrical issues.

OP
OP

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
This mornings update. I went out and found both battery terminals were tight but my winch ground cable was loose. We did use the winch yesterday without issues. (I have the ground connected to the battery) I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, seated a handful of fuses, reconnected the battery and started it. The service transmission warning was still on. I turned it off then back on and it was gone. Took it for a drive with multiple stops and everything seems fine now.
Sponsored