Sponsored

Urgent.. picture of wiring with aux switches needed

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
At dealer.. they are saying the wiring kit with aux switches.. pictures and details
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Mine has the towing package and auc switches already but I was told there are white splices as well
What’s the question? If you got the switches already the only other thing is a plastic back with some connectors. Worth like $2. Nothing to it.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the question? If you got the switches already the only other thing is a plastic back with some connectors. Worth like $2. Nothing to it.

image.jpg
Perfect! Good to know. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything really important.

Sponsored

rogueknb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara 4x4

image.jpg
Probably a dumb question, so I apologize, but need we all need to learn...how do you use these plastic connectors? Must be simple right?

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Probably a dumb question, so I apologize, but need we all need to learn...how do you use these plastic connectors? Must be simple right?
They look like heat shrink tubes to cover the splice!

rogueknb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara 4x4
They look like heat shrink tubes to cover the splice!
so basically just connect the two spliced ends in there and it will make a solid connection that is secure and "water-tight"...

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
so basically just connect the two spliced ends in there and it will make a solid connection that is secure and "water-tight"...
I’m no electrician, but slide one of the heat shrink tubes onto one of the wires, make the splice and slide the tube back over the connection. Then applying heat will shrink it and make it watertight.

DrPacman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Found a great youtube video explaining the install of just this switch set... Search for "2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Gains More Accessory Options after a Mopar Auxiliary Switch System Install" by CJ Off-Road....
Sponsored