Sponsored

Urgent help needed: Can I mount my stock JK wheels on my JL?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
So I made a deal on a 2018 JL Sahara and I am supposed to take delivery in the a.m. Part of the deal is they will let me mount my black stock 17" wheels (from 2017 Big Bear Package) with my BF Goodrich TA KO2s in 285/70/17 on the new JL Sahara. My tires are almost brand new which is reason why I'm insisting on keeping plus I don't care for the stock JL tire/wheel package. The dealership is clueless regarding whether or not they will fit. I know that my tires will fit on a stock JL 17" wheel without the need for wheel spacers (which is what I currently need on my JK to make this size tire fit). But I'm not sure if the backspacing and offset of the Big Bear stock wheels will work with larger than stock tires on the JL model without wheel spacers. Can anyone help?
Sponsored

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
If you use the lugs from your '18 it will work, but the KO's might rub a little. Worst case you can add a small coil spacer.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you use the lugs from your '18 it will work, but the KO's might rub a little. Worst case you can add a small coil spacer.
Where will the KO's rub? I plan on lifting the Jeep.
So I will need to use the lugs from the stock JL wheels is what you are saying?

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
Where will the KO's rub? I plan on lifting the Jeep.
So I will need to use the lugs from the stock JL wheels is what you are saying?
Yup, use stock JL lugs. Since you won't have the Rubi fenders you might rub there, maybe not if you're not flexing. If you're going to add a lift, your old wheels/tires will work.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yup, use stock JL lugs. Since you won't have the Rubi fenders you might rub there, maybe not if you're not flexing. If you're going to add a lift, your old wheels/tires will work.
Thanks for the info. FOUR FLUSHER. Much appreciated. If all goes well later today, should be in the Sting Gray club.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the info. FOUR FLUSHER. Much appreciated. If all goes well later today, should be in the Sting Gray club.
Update: Became a member of the Sting Gray club 2 days ago. Stock wheels from JKU fit fine however unable to mount spare because center opening of wheel is not big enough to accomodate rear back up camera mount. Looks like I'm shopping for new wheels.
Sponsored