Sponsored

Urgent - Check your oil levels. Did the Jeep dealer put in 6 or 5 quarts of oil in your JL?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Weird when people buy a $40-60k Jeep and then complain that they can’t afford oil changes.
Yup. I get some people not wanting to do it, DIY isn't for everyone but even then, I'd rather go to an independent shop than a dealership. If he trusts the dealer though, that's good, they aren't all bad.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
If you get your oil changed at a local independent and very competent auto repair shop, instead of the dealer, does this void any warranties if you develop engine trouble down the line?
You can get your oil changed anywhere in terms of the warranty. Just make sure to have documentation, like a receipt or service record. In the hypothetical event of serious engine trouble, most dealers would check the oil anyways and be able to tell whether it's been changed or neglected.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Weird when people buy a $40-60k Jeep and then complain that they can’t afford oil changes.
I got a sport because I couldn’t afford a rubicon. I got a rubi takeoff suspension because I couldn’t afford an actual lift kit. I got used tires off CL because I couldn’t afford new tires. I secretly siphon gas in the middle of the night out of my neighbor’s luxury sedans because gas prices are so high now. I eat hot dogs and store brand cereal most days because I can’t afford real food. I couldn’t make my last two mortgage payments, are behind on my utility bills, and just recently found out I am losing my job. Life can be one tough downward spiral sometimes, but at least I have a Jeep!! Either I take the free oil changes, or I sell the jeep to put food on the table. Times are tough, and the “Cheaper Jeeper” guy on YouTube is a god! ‘Nough said.

None of that is really true, but hey, let’s all be kind. You never know what someone’s life situation is if you have never met them.
😊

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I got a sport because I couldn’t afford a rubicon. I got a rubi takeoff suspension because I couldn’t afford an actual lift kit. I got used tires off CL because I couldn’t afford new tires. I secretly siphon gas in the middle of the night out of my neighbor’s luxury sedans because gas prices are so high now. I eat hot dogs and store brand cereal most days because I can’t afford real food. I couldn’t make my last two mortgage payments, are behind on my utility bills, and just recently found out I am losing my job. Life can be one tough downward spiral sometimes, but at least I have a Jeep!! Either I take the free oil changes, or I sell the jeep to put food on the table. Times are tough, and the “Cheaper Jeeper” guy on YouTube is a god! ‘Nough said.

None of that is really true, but hey, let’s all be kind. You never know what someone’s life situation is if you have never met them.
😊
cereal cost more than oil,but good read. Lol😎

Sponsored

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My dealership put in 6 too 🤬 Thankfully I drove very few light miles with it before changing the oil myself and rectifying their error…

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep

😊
I'm pretty cheap (I have an $11 front trail cam) - but I trust dealer service even less so I just do it myself. Too bad I can't exchange my Wave oil changes for a bag of chips or something......

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Oh yeah, they're still clueless. I specifically told my service writer that mine needed only 5 quarts. Did he tell the oil jockey? Hell no. But, I'll give the kid in the oil shop credit, he just went half way. He put 5 1/2 in instead of 6. I will also give the service writer credit for not handing me any BS, they just drained it and filled it right. I'll will say that this won't happen again after having a come to Jesus meeting with the service writer.
What do you bet he pocketed the other half quart?

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty cheap (I have an $11 front trail cam) - but I trust dealer service even less so I just do it myself. Too bad I can't exchange my Wave oil changes for a bag of chips or something......
I thought that's what these were for?! 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL Urgent - Check your oil levels. Did the Jeep dealer put in 6 or 5 quarts of oil in your JL? 1643927840839

Sponsored

moto jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 3.6L
The jeep people is the easiest to just do on your own!! It takes 18minutes and 1/3 the price. By the time you drive to dealer or shop, wait, and pay and drive home your behind in time, money and quality vs just doing it yourself I your garage, car port or even on the street.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The jeep people is the easiest to just do on your own!! It takes 18minutes and 1/3 the price. By the time you drive to dealer or shop, wait, and pay and drive home your behind in time, money and quality vs just doing it yourself I your garage, car port or even on the street.
Agreed. But if you can get oil change and tire rotation for free - at a dealer that does it right and you can watch them do it all like I could - why not 👍
Not free - yes, do it yourself 👍

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
What do you bet he pocketed the other half quart?
Never thought of that. It's possible his vehicle was a 1/2 quart low. :)

The last time I had it in for an oil change I once agin reminded the service writer. He said that they have the oil capacity attached to the VIN number. So, when it's sent to the oil jockey they know how much to pour in there. I don't know if that's ture, but the oil was right. The only problem was it took nearly 3 hours to get it done.

I'm changing it myself next time myself.
Sponsored