Sponsored

uplifting stories of what people say about your JL...

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I am LOVING the "stupid things people have said" thread. But hey I figured let's balance the universe with a thread of the exact opposite topic. I will start and I apologize if I have told this story on here before, but I can't remember...

Bc of the JP/JW theme of my JLUR I get approached all the time with questions about it or requests for pics.
But one time was particularly cool. Doing what I do I am always parked at the local hospital, and WW is a pretty small town. One day fall 2019 I was at home and noticed an SUV driving very slowly by my house. Indominus was in the driveway. The vehicle turned in my cul-de-sac, pulled up in front of my house and stopped. I walked outside and approached and the passenger window rolled down revealing a woman who I asked what her business was. Her husband was driving. She asked, do you work at the hospital? I said yes. She said I am so sorry to bother you but I have my kids in the back and my youngest is 6. He has autism and we go to the hospital often for his therapy. He is OBSESSED with Jurassic Park and for the past few months from the very first time he saw your Jeep we cannot just keep driving when he spots it around town. If he sees it we literally have to turn around and drive by it so he can see it. He talks about it constantly. She rolled down the windows and I said hi to her kids. Her son was flipping out and proceeded to recite the entire Trex/Indominus battle to me at a scream volume. He was so excited and they got him out and I showed him around the Jeep. His dad said you have no idea what this means to him. We chatted for a few and they went on their way and I told them to stop and say hi see me around town.
I know they say it meant a lot to their kiddo but man it made my week. It was awesome. It's what it's all about.

Now let's hear y'all's
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Good stuff. I havenā€™t had anything like that in the Jeep before, but I know for a fact that thereā€™s a lot of pictures out there with smiling tourists on my Harley. whenever I see a youngster or an obvious tourist (preferably from another country) by my bike, I always ask them if they want to sit on it and get a picture. Itā€™s very rewarding making somebodyā€™s day, and so easy.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I am LOVING the "stupid things people have said" thread. But hey I figured let's balance the universe with a thread of the exact opposite topic. I will start and I apologize if I have told this story on here before, but I can't remember...

Bc of the JP/JW theme of my JLUR I get approached all the time with questions about it or requests for pics.
But one time was particularly cool. Doing what I do I am always parked at the local hospital, and WW is a pretty small town. One day fall 2019 I was at home and noticed an SUV driving very slowly by my house. Indominus was in the driveway. The vehicle turned in my cul-de-sac, pulled up in front of my house and stopped. I walked outside and approached and the passenger window rolled down revealing a woman who I asked what her business was. Her husband was driving. She asked, do you work at the hospital? I said yes. She said I am so sorry to bother you but I have my kids in the back and my youngest is 6. He has autism and we go to the hospital often for his therapy. He is OBSESSED with Jurassic Park and for the past few months from the very first time he saw your Jeep we cannot just keep driving when he spots it around town. If he sees it we literally have to turn around and drive by it so he can see it. He talks about it constantly. She rolled down the windows and I said hi to her kids. Her son was flipping out and proceeded to recite the entire Trex/Indominus battle to me at a scream volume. He was so excited and they got him out and I showed him around the Jeep. His dad said you have no idea what this means to him. We chatted for a few and they went on their way and I told them to stop and say hi see me around town.
I know they say it meant a lot to their kiddo but man it made my week. It was awesome. It's what it's all about.

Now let's hear y'all's
Thatā€™s a great story and nice of you to make the kids day.
I keep my Jeep clean 99% of the time and never imagined Iā€™d get so many compliments on the Bikini Pearl color. Especially if Iā€™m riding tube doors. People honk at red lights and yell out ā€œnice Jeepā€!

9028D303-28C8-40E1-A4CD-C74E8110D51F.jpeg

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I have received compliments so far, but I also donā€™t care enough to pay attention to people. I have people yell out nice Jeep, more so since I done the seats in red leather. I almost always drive with the top down if weather allows.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Last week I was stopped at a light. I was running doorless. I guy with his girlfriend pulls up next to me in a Charger. He, rolls his window down a proceeds to shout "Yo, that mother F%^&r is dope...!!! I said thanks, you charger is bas ass as well. He says "No F%$K this car, that Sh&# if Fn dope!! I cracked up laughing and we drove off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Now let's hear y'all's
Great story

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
A few weeks ago I had just parked my Jeep in our town square while running an errand. A bunch of six year old boys swarmed by shouting "I like your Jeep, mister" and variations thereof. (Kudos to the parents for teaching their kids manners). One of them asked me if I knew why Jeeps were so cool. I said I wasn't sure, and maybe he should tell me. He then told me that all Jeeps have extra tires on the back, so in case you get a flat tire you can change it. I said "no way" and feigned ignorance. I let the kids show me where the spare was and thanked them for telling me about it. They all ran back to their parents nearby, proudly shouting that they explained the extra tire to grownup. The parents all smiled and a few of them shot me a thumbs up.

I don't know why this moment has meant so much to me. Its probably just a longing for the old "analog" days when kids played outside, and simple interactions with strangers in public were more common. Regardless, its refreshing to see the world through he eyes of a child every now and then.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned several Wranglers before this one: each one earned its own set of unique compliments.

This one seems to get people's attention because of how red it is. And the retro wheels and hubs keep people making comments and taking a closer look. It is a great conversation starter!

A few Rubicon owners express surprise at how "capable" my Sahara is. šŸ¤Ŗ
I just let that one slide...

Jeep Wrangler JL uplifting stories of what people say about your JL... 1628096021124

Jeep Wrangler JL uplifting stories of what people say about your JL... 1628095900033

Jeep Wrangler JL uplifting stories of what people say about your JL... Top of Poison Mountain

Jeep Wrangler JL uplifting stories of what people say about your JL... 1628095969576

Jeep Wrangler JL uplifting stories of what people say about your JL... Yalakom Valley 1

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392, CJ7 6.6L, Fusion Trophy Truck
I've owned several Wranglers before this one: each one earned its own set of unique compliments.

This one seems to get people's attention because of how red it is. And the retro wheels and hubs keep people making comments and taking a closer look. It is a great conversation starter!

A few Rubicon owners express surprise at how "capable" my Sahara is. šŸ¤Ŗ
I just let that one slide...

Jeep Wrangler JL uplifting stories of what people say about your JL... Yalakom Valley 1

Looks Awesome! Love the "Dick Cepek" white spoke wheels!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Looks Awesome! Love the "Dick Cepek" white spoke wheels!
Ehem...Thanks! They are Quadratec CJ Retro alloy wheels.

They replicate the steelies on Jeeps of the 1970s and 1980s.
Jeep Wrangler JL uplifting stories of what people say about your JL... 1628097188639
Jeep Wrangler JL uplifting stories of what people say about your JL... 1628097431708

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Every now and then Facebook has something worth repeating. This picture I saw showed a Jeep and had a caption:

Remember when you were little and the lifted jeeps with big tires seemed so neat! You thought one day it would be cool to have one just like it. Now that IS you, so be a good example.

Well done gentlemen.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Every now and then Facebook has something worth repeating. This picture I saw showed a Jeep and had a caption:

Remember when you were little and the lifted jeeps with big tires seemed so neat! You thought one day it would be cool to have one just like it. Now that IS you, so be a good example.

Well done gentlemen.

Wait, so I have to figure out how to make wood bumpers for the jeep now?

Oh no, or railroad track bumpers and sliders? That's going to weigh a thousand pounds.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I love a good positivity thread!

I get so many compliments on my Jeep, particularly on the color. It's funny, I didn't get quite as many comments or head-turns with the black JK. I'd get the occasional compliment from other gearheads, but not nearly as many from just regular people as I do with the JL. Hydro Blue is just really eye-catching, I suppose.

I get a lot of questions about it, too. Maybe some would consider the questions 'dumb,' but it doesn't bother me. Most people are just genuinely curious. And I love talking about Jeeps, so I'm more than happy to stand around in the parking lot and tell non-Jeep people all about them when prompted.

I mentioned in the other thread, but... the interactions with kids around Jeeps are just so wholesome.

I'm not even really a 'kid' person in general, but they're always so excited and their enthusiasm is infectious (in a good way!). If I see them pointing or waving, I make sure to wave back as I go by. They love it.

And this goes double when the doors and top are off. I swear some kids' eyes just bug right out when they see it. šŸ˜†

The father and daughter at the grocery store, who were hanging around checking out my Jeep when I came out, stands out the most to me of late. I ended up chatting with them for a little while. He said they were going to try and get one when she got a little older.

It really just warmed my heart. It's good to see a father nurturing his daughter's interest in cars/Jeeps. Too often, girls are discouraged from pursing those kind of interests. So, it makes me happy to see such supportiveness.
Sponsored