John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Billet Silver JLU
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I knew there are numerous threads based on this topic, but seeking some advice from members with more a lot knowledge then me. I currently have 2021 Sport S; Hardtop, Tow package, plastic bumpers with the following springs:
3657AD
3658AD
3587AA
3588AA

Recently picked the following:
Springs
3659AD
3660AD
3590AA
3591AA
Front Shocks
Rear Shocks

The following were included but I believe there is no difference from the stock ones:
Lower Control Arms
Front and Rear Sway Bar End Links
Front Track Bar
Upper and Lower Spring Locator Collars

added bonus was him giving me a 3/4 inch leveling kit and the Jeep mopar lift box.

Like a good Jeeper, I have done a lot of research and believe with those spring #s I should get approx 1 to 2 inches of lift. Should I install the leveling kit or wait and see what the measurements are? Any tips on installing, never done anything like this, only smaller mods. Will post before and after pics.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
EXPFDR

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mission completed, went kinda smooth. Most time consuming was best placement/use of of jack and jack stands.
measurement gains
front driver 2"
front pass 1.75"
rear driver 1.75"
rear pass 1.75"
too excited to take before pic, but found one very similar shot angle (top pic)
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading Sport S to Rubicon Suspension 8842E8D3-5835-4929-86CE-8C51FD21D32B
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading Sport S to Rubicon Suspension 151B2D87-E98F-419D-A546-BB31DC6BDBC3

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Thanks for posting. I’m doing a similar upgrade in a week or so! Cheers!

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Mission completed, went kinda smooth. Most time consuming was best placement/use of of jack and jack stands.
measurement gains
front driver 2"
front pass 1.75"
rear driver 1.75"
rear pass 1.75"
Great job! I did the same project years ago and still consider it one of my best mods!

Another suggestion would be to consider replacing the factory LCAs with the mopar lift LCAs for increased caster and improved steering :like:

OP
OP
EXPFDR

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Great job! I did the same project years ago and still consider it one of my best mods!

Another suggestion would be to consider replacing the factory LCAs with the mopar lift LCAs for increased caster and improved steering :like:
Thanks I will check into that. Do they make much of a difference?

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I will check into that. Do they make much of a difference?
Absolutely! My JLU tracks much straighter after this update. The mopar LCAs are 1/4" longer than stock LCAs. I paid $60 shipped at the time.

There are plenty of forum threads here on installation and benefits. Some others get adjustable LCAs, if they're planning on a bigger lift in the future.

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
measurement gains
front driver 2"
front pass 1.75"
rear driver 1.75"
rear pass 1.75"
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading Sport S to Rubicon Suspension 151B2D87-E98F-419D-A546-BB31DC6BDBC3
Did you use the leveling kit or is this just the rubicon suspension?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I'll let the OP respond for his installation.

However on mine if it helps, here is a picture of my Rubicon suspension installation with 0.75" leveling spacers in front and 0.5" in the rear.

NOTE - it depends on how much you like the factory front rake.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading Sport S to Rubicon Suspension 20220601_132256 (1)

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Looked at buying a rubicon take off from a shop near Atlanta & they tried to discourage me from buying - saying that is wasn’t going to give me a noticeable lift. “It’s widely misrepresented online and at forums”

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Looked at buying a rubicon take off from a shop near Atlanta & they tried to discourage me from buying - saying that is wasn’t going to give me a noticeable lift. “It’s widely misrepresented online and at forums”
This is somewhat true. It's important to know Rubicon spring part numbers and associated lift provided. Many online sellers are advertising "Rubicon suspensions" but not delivering the right springs.

With the Rubicon suspension I purchased, I ended up with a 2" lift overall (with leveling spacers). Perfect for my needs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
This is somewhat true. It's important to know Rubicon spring part numbers and associated lift provided. Many online sellers are advertising "Rubicon suspensions" but not delivering the right springs.

With the Rubicon suspension I purchased, I ended up with a 2" lift overall (with leveling spacers). Perfect for my needs.
Care to share which part numbers? This is really all I’m looking for. I thought I had settled on the dynatrac endurosport 2”. But I’d probably be shelling out an extra $1500 ..

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Care to share which part numbers? This is really all I’m looking for. I thought I had settled on the dynatrac endurosport 2”. But I’d probably be shelling out an extra $1500 ..
There are different part numbers for each set of springs depending how the factory Rubicon was equipped (and another set for the shocks). For example, metal bumpers and tow packages came with longer springs because of the extra factory equipment weight.

Here's a forum thread with a suspension chart matrix and much more information:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...gs-suspension-information-chart-matrix.66591/

I have the exact same Rubicon set as the OP listed above.

3659AD
3660AD
3590AA
3591AA

NOTE - higher numbers (in same series) mean a longer spring

OP
OP
EXPFDR

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the individual I purchased the springs and shocks added an inch leveling kit for the front.
I was happily accepted them. Plus he threw in the Mopar lift box too. Win Win for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EXPFDR

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@Htfan is correct about the different packages and features the cause a Jeep to have different spring numbers. Other lift height achieved depends on if you have a 2 dr and putting a 4 dr springs on. I didnt realize how much of a variance each spring# has. Ie the passenger side tends to be a little bit taller due to gas tank and engine components. Rule that I read was the larger # goes on the passenger side.
I read through that same chart matrix and used that and reading the forum threads to help decide. I did notice that some people list springs that come on a Sahara and state its from a Rubicon. If not mistaken the largest springs are off the a diesel. But I haven't looked at the ones off a 392 yet.

With all that said do your research and decide on the springs and shocks you want. Then hopefully you can find them close to you. Avg price for them is 150-200$ and the avg height gained is 1.25"

OP
OP
EXPFDR

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely! My JLU tracks much straighter after this update. The mopar LCAs are 1/4" longer than stock LCAs. I paid $60 shipped at the time.

There are plenty of forum threads here on installation and benefits. Some others get adjustable LCAs, if they're planning on a bigger lift in the future.
Not having any steering issues since the install. But if anything I would go with the adjustable LCA just incase I get a bigger lift down the road. Thanks for the insight.
Sponsored