Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting that up, it does indeed look like that one. I will get in touch with someone and try and confirm the link lengths.

Thanks!!
No problem, it looks a little different because for some reason he gave you his oem coil spring upper isolators. Not sure why, most spring lift kits have you use them, unless he did another spacer kit that replaces them…..anyway, if you need anything, or have any questions shoot me a pm…….

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading shocks (with no lift) to go faster off-road 88DE6B25-40F6-4BE9-89FD-43F085B507DD
Sponsored

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Yes, he did give me the stock stuff because he got a new air ride system so he just threw them in. Also I just spoke with him and he said the rear sway bar links should not be shorter unless maybe there is something diff. about the Willys.

He also said there were track bar relocation brackets that he did not give me because he keep them on when they installed his new air ride system. These would re-center the front and rear I was told would be off by about a half inch once I install this lift. Although I don't see track bar brackets on the one you posted, I wonder if these are something he ordered separate and just doesn't remember.

Thank you again, I may take you up on a PM if things get even more unclear after some research. LOL.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Roky, yes I am in FL. I can't even find the post you sent. I am not that forum literate. LOL. I even starred it and now I can't find starred threads?

Anyway, it for sure looks like the Rough Country. I downloaded their PDF instructions and they say specifically to install the bent sway bar link in the front?, and the straight sway bar link in the rear.

But, looking at my Jeep currently the bent bar is in the rear and the straight bar is in the front. So either their instructions are totally FUBAR or something, but even more confused now. Not on how to install, that's pretty straight forward if I could sort out this sway bar thing. To early to contact them, so I will try later.

Thanks again.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky, yes I am in FL. I can't even find the post you sent. I am not that forum literate. LOL. I even starred it and now I can't find starred threads?

Anyway, it for sure looks like the Rough Country. I downloaded their PDF instructions and they say specifically to install the bent sway bar link in the front?, and the straight sway bar link in the rear.

But, looking at my Jeep currently the bent bar is in the rear and the straight bar is in the front. So either their instructions are totally FUBAR or something, but even more confused now. Not on how to install, that's pretty straight forward if I could sort out this sway bar thing. To early to contact them, so I will try later.

Thanks again.
I sent you a pm just push on the little envelope and it should be in there.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the FOX 3.0 IBP shocks front and rear. Yep. Way overkill. But the do work really well.

B5A2E305-6221-4644-B30B-E1DB6507900B.jpeg
1D633B18-3150-4BF2-9413-DD6FD14D4FBF.jpeg

Sam

But they're not overkill.. there's something in the audio field called 'headroom'

you have to deal with those transient peaks lol.

For the folks that say you NEED a truss that's just not true. I've bombed a lot of stuff and had my front tires off the ground w/o needing a truss. The danas are pretty durable stock.

Not that I do it regularly but have had some fun w/o needing to truss.. yet

OP
OP
johnbyron

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
So it's been a few months now, you still happy with your set up?
Very happy! I had a chance to test it a little bit more off-road (especially in the snow) and a lot on-road. Off-road it's a fantastic improvement: better ride, better ground clearance and angles, I feel much more confident. On-road, the longer LCA and the new shocks improved the handling, the lift didn't have a noticeable effect, while the larger and heavier wheels+tires made the ride slightly worse. Overall, it drives similar to stock on-road, but it's much better off-road. Thanks again everyone for the tips!
Sponsored