First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I know there are a lot of posts on this but just wanted to share that I ordered a radio direct from shop.mopar.com

68472587AHMulti Media Radio$1,510.001$1,510.00

I had a 15% off coupon so it was $1283.50

What I don't get is those that are ordering off eBay and such at $1400 to $1999 and often they are used?

This was plug and play, took five minutes to install and I waited about two hours for all the updates. Sirius transferred by existing radio subscription with 3 additional trial months. I also have a warranty since it is directly from Mopar.

Everything is working as expected after the updates ran.

Anyways, thought I would share.
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Make sure your radio's firmware had been updated to v39.6 or you're gonna have sporadic issues.

efreyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Two questions:

1) Were you able to do a firmware update and how?

2) Did you add the wifi?

I purchased a new 8.4 from the dealership and after the wifi trial ended I was unable to renew it because the radio is not tied to my VIN since it did not come with it. Have you found a way to tie the radio to your VIN?

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I can't believe your WIFI was on at all. Mine came from the dealership without the cellular data enabled. I know AT&T covers the WIFI so you might be able to engage them.

Anything else, forget it. Jeep, Jeep Cares, dealership, UConnect, Sirius - none of them will help you enable services that were not "factory" installed. Makes no sense to me that they wouldn't want to have us pay for a service to make our vehicles more secure.

OP
OP
RAMSTEEL

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
There's a ton of post on how to upgrade UConnect and if you recently purchased that radio, it's likely already at 39.6.
Sponsored