A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

So earlier this month I was offroading up in the national forests of the upper peninsula of Michigan, and on my way back at dusk almost hit at least 3 different deer (they are such stupid creatures). This was the first time I've had to use my hi-beams, and they're kinda garbage - really all they do is just add in additional light up top, which does nothing. My normal head lights are more than fine, and have never had issues with them.

I'm wondering if, for those of us that have the factory LED headlights, there is a way to upgrade just the bulbs used in the hi-beams so they don't suck so much?
Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
AS far as I understand, no you cant upgrade anything on factory LED lights. I had the same problem with aftermarket lights, low beams are great and high are so-so. SO I added some Aux lights.

OP
OP
A Sober Animal

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

Is it legal to run auxiliary lights on the road? It was my understanding that you weren’t supposed to?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That will depend on your state laws. There are states that even require that you keep auxiliary lights covered while driving on road.

As far as I know, neither California nor Washington have that requirement.
Sponsored