OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
If you were welding long seams onto the axle maybe but the trusses for the JL don’t take so many welds and you don’t need to weld on the diff either
LOL - you are kidding right? What is the point of installing a truss that only welds onto the axle tubes? Why do you think there is pre and post heating required? The differential pumpkin is cast steel and yes, it is welded on to install a truss.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
These labor swings may have to do with the difference between driving a Jeep up and bringing a removed axle in the bed of a truck. Just a guess.
Dropping an axle takes less than an hour for someone who knows what they’re doing. The welding process is a 4 or 5 hour job to do right.

BattleBorn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited sport
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading Front D44 Axles vs. Buying Front UD44 Axle 3FC1325C-5089-4AFE-AF69-C48632B73FFE

Looks like Currie raised the price on these. $1,500 total.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
LOL - you are kidding right? What is the point of installing a truss that only welds onto the axle tubes? Why do you think there is pre and post heating required? The differential pumpkin is cast steel and yes, it is welded on to install a truss.
Oh yeah side of the diff absolutely but not the top, my bad but it’s minor welding, you don’t need to pre or post heat either, new material on these JL axles makes it unnecessary. I’m sure you have a different opinion, I’m only repeating what 3 very reputable shops who have done some big visibility builds are telling me. Mine was welded this way and it was perfect zero issues .

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah side of the diff absolutely but not the top, my bad but it’s minor welding, you don’t need to pre or post heat either, new material on these JL axles makes it unnecessary. I’m sure you have a different opinion, I’m only repeating what 3 very reputable shops who have done some big visibility builds are telling me. Mine was welded this way and it was perfect zero issues .
Had mine done a short while back and they definitely pre and post heated the welds to prevent them from cracking. "Cast" anything does not like sudden and rapid temperature changes and I would rather err on the side of caution than to have a weld crack down the road, but that is just me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading Front D44 Axles vs. Buying Front UD44 Axle 3FC1325C-5089-4AFE-AF69-C48632B73FFE

Looks like Currie raised the price on these. $1,500 total.
Ouch...guess COVID pricing strikes again. I am good with how mine turned out and the cost associated with it.