Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

JIMSTER305

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I ordered the climate control kit from Infotainment last week, and just received it this morning. Let’s just say I’m less than thrilled right now.

They advertised the kit as a full, less than 5 minute drop in solution, with all the bits and pieces. That is, in addition to the switch panel and programmer , it also included the bezel and start stop switch. For 430 bucks, it’s a little steep but I was willing to pay for everything in one package.

Unfortunately, all I received was the switch panel (which is a 170 dollar part from mopar) and the programmer. No bezel, no start stop switch. Infotainment’s answer was that it is somehow easier to install this way, which is complete bs. They are allegedly going to get back to me later today, but right now I’m feeling more than a little ripped off.
@JJexp Any luck with this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jessgut12

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just ordered the upgrade from the 5 inch to the 7 inch and it shipped! I’ll update this when I get it and install

Delong418

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport - Punk’n Orange
I did the swap from 5.0 to 8.4 with the infotainment HVAC controls. Everything works great except a couple bugs I can’t get to the bottom to. Has anyone been able to fix any of the below??

1. Backup camera is green, works but the screen is green.
2. USB is providing power, but no data transfer (CarPlay)
3. No Off Road Pages after software update.
Update: Swapped my ebay 8.4 Uconnect for the infotainment 8.4 Uconnect, 50% more expensive, but now everything works (minus Off Road Pages and carplay from counsel USB which seem to just be unfixable).

https://www.infotainment.com/produc...-navigation-radio-uconnect-uaq-4c-nav-upgrade

https://www.infotainment.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-hvac-climate-control-kit

https://www.infotainment.com/produc...atellite-radio-antenna?variant=11937743077412

JIMSTER305

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Delong418 Any issues with infotainment climate controls? Everything works for you? I know you don’t have dual climate zones but any extra modules you needed to add? Ay least to get automatic temp working. You have a sport s? 2019?

Delong418

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport - Punk’n Orange
@Delong418 Any issues with infotainment climate controls? Everything works for you? I know you don’t have dual climate zones but any extra modules you needed to add? Ay least to get automatic temp working. You have a sport s? 2019?
I have a sport. Absolutely no problems with HVAC. Auto temp works. Like you said, no dual climate, but just hit the sync button and then driver/passenger change together. No additional parts necessary. The unit they send doesn’t have the bezel, so you need to remove that from your factory controls.

Sponsored

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I just found out the Tazer will allow the climate control to be used too. Was on another thread and someone mentioned it. I didn't even put it together when I was reading about the Tazer activating the DRL from a Rubicon added to a sport. Same list and I missed it...

https://www.zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/ Looks like Tazer is listening to the people here at least.

Thinking of trying this now. I don't really mind the lack of a volume knob but I had it in my mind from the beginning that I would complete this if it were easy enough and now it appears it will be.

Anyone done this with a Tazer yet?

JIMSTER305

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just found out the Tazer will allow the climate control to be used too. Was on another thread and someone mentioned it. I didn't even put it together when I was reading about the Tazer activating the DRL from a Rubicon added to a sport. Same list and I missed it...

https://www.zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/ Looks like Tazer is listening to the people here at least.

Thinking of trying this now. I don't really mind the lack of a volume knob but I had it in my mind from the beginning that I would complete this if it were easy enough and now it appears it will be.

Anyone done this with a Tazer yet?
Getting the tazer on Friday and the climate control. Already upgraded to the 7" radio. I'll let you guys know if it works

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I gained XM sat. radio But I lost my compass, and the knobs for the radio but i can use the controls on the back of the steering wheel everything else works just fine
I upgraded my 5” to the 7”, which I bought from another forum member almost a year ago now. I lost the compass AND the satellite. Other then that, it’s great. I’ve been searching for a way to regain those two components. From what I can tell, the early JL Sport builds left the factory without being pre-wired for satellite, which is why the compass and satellite are gone on mine.
Now I’m wondering why you have one and not the other.

It’s ridiculous that there are so many variations to the radios, wiring, fog light bumper brackets, hell... ALL bumpers in general. But I digress...

JIMSTER305

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I upgraded my 5” to the 7”, which I bought from another forum member almost a year ago now. I lost the compass AND the satellite. Other then that, it’s great. I’ve been searching for a way to regain those two components. From what I can tell, the early JL Sport builds left the factory without being pre-wired for satellite, which is why the compass and satellite are gone on mine.
Now I’m wondering why you have one and not the other.

It’s ridiculous that there are so many variations to the radios, wiring, fog light bumper brackets, hell... ALL bumpers in general. But I digress...
I upgraded to the 7” with xm and did not lose anything. Everything works. Compass back up camera. I am getting the climate control with volume on Monday. Hopefully that will work too. I have the taser JL to program it. Crossing fingers

Sponsored

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
As much as I like this idea it may be more problematic.

1st, we can just get the jumper from OBDGENIE for $369.

2nd, looking at OBD Genie, the flash unit is locked to one vin and we have to reach out to them to use on up to 15 vehicles, which I imagine will come at a cost.

3rd, if they figured this out, is this something Tazer can figure out?
Why not use AlphaOBD? Ram trucks have been using it to upgrade their screens and auto climate control. See the thread below with everything they have found works with the app.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

Also Infotainment was the only option for unlocking factory options and doing some of these upgrades for awhile on ram trucks. Once this app was discovered that changed everything and now nobody is paying the ridiculous prices infotainment is asking for.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
all other FCA Vehicles have interchangeable uconnect systems...Plug n play...i wil try to post a video of a guy swapping his uconnect 5 for an 8.4.
something you must be aware of, if you swap systems, ALL 3 uconnect systems in the wrangler use a different bezel

Suddenly, a Sport + is looking Viable

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Why not use AlphaOBD? Ram trucks have been using it to upgrade their screens and auto climate control. See the thread below with everything they have found works with the app.

Also Infotainment was the only option for unlocking factory options and doing some of these upgrades for awhile on ram trucks. Once this app was discovered that changed everything and now nobody is paying the ridiculous prices infotainment is asking for.
Tazer just added this override as well.

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

I don't believe AlfaOBD supports the JL Wrangler yet which is why no one is using it.

JIMSTER305

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I upgraded radio from 5 “ to 7 “ . Plug and play easy

Upgraded the climate controls. Not plug and play. Used the tazer JL to program “dual zone”. My sport s doesn’t have dual zone so everything works you just don’t have actual dual zone. Need extra parts for that but not going to do it.

Video attached

Not the best video sorry but it works!!!

Next upgrading cluster. Already found one. Will get it in a couple of days
Sponsored