Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
68297546AF show as non orderable on Tasca, but you can add 68420237AC to your cart.
Sponsored

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
68297546AF show as non orderable on Tasca, but you can add 68420237AC to your cart.
68420237AC requires dealer approval to actually get the order through though.

kmorin

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Greetings, I've already done this upgrade in my sport s from 5" to 7" and I just ordered the console to control it. I was told this will not work? I have a 2019 JLU Sport S, heated Seats and Steering, Hill Assist... not sure what else you would need to know. Does anyone know if this will or will not work? The part number I orderded is -
6BE14DX9AC

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think that @thewolfman2010 determined that there's more parts needed than just the console controls.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I am not sure if the 8.4 has extra feature compared to the small screen since the rubicon only comes with the 8.4. However at work, we have loads of all the screens and we just plugged the bigger screen in when we needed to do testing for that system. We didnt have to do anything else.
Though, that was configured for certification testing and not consumer use.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Read the whole thread and I am really hoping to pull this one off. The dealership says they can get me a 68420237AB since they fell through on a few things the finance manager is willing to get me one... but he warns me that I can’t return it. So, I wanted to know if this part number from a 2019 sport S would fit into a 2018 sport... someone give me good news!

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Read the whole thread and I am really hoping to pull this one off. The dealership says they can get me a 68420237AB since they fell through on a few things the finance manager is willing to get me one... but he warns me that I can’t return it. So, I wanted to know if this part number from a 2019 sport S would fit into a 2018 sport... someone give me good news!
Ask if you can buy two and ship one to me. I'm dead in the water getting one after Tasca fucked me.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
Order 3 please. How much I owe you?

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Order 3 please. How much I owe you?
They are telling me 724 plus tax... I may order it and if it doesn’t work maybe I can get that here. I’d provide proof of the cost since it looks like everyone else is saying 500 or so... I can ask also when they open but they are providing a VIN foe this so not sure if they would order more.

Sponsored

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
797 with premium shipping and the Bezel. If all goes well I’ll see about getting more. It’s more than I wanted to pay but whatever...

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
At this point I'm just gonna wait and cross my fingers that we start seeing some aftermarket heads here soon

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
At this point I'm just gonna wait and cross my fingers that we start seeing some aftermarket heads here soon
I can understand that too, I was going to wait but the radio is something I always change and this one is just so bad...

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Ya I honestly can't wait to get a better aftermarket stereo. This U-Connect sucks so much ass its not even funny. Part of the reason I got sport was I didn't want so much integration between the radio and jeep. Just gimme a simple Pioneer,Kenwood or Alpine unit and i'd be happy. Something I can just easily connect an AMP to batter and HeadUnit and put whatever the hell speakers I want. Since the weather here in South Texas is good almost year round I've been struggling to listen to crappy base radio with wind blowing in my face.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
They are telling me 724 plus tax... I may order it and if it doesn’t work maybe I can get that here. I’d provide proof of the cost since it looks like everyone else is saying 500 or so... I can ask also when they open but they are providing a VIN foe this so not sure if they would order more.
Wow, $800 when some people got it for upper $300 lower $400 is hard to swallow. I'll pass, thanks for the info.
Sponsored