Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Correct. Without the SAT/GPS antenna (yes, it’s a dual antenna) the compass won’t work. I should have mentioned that above.

You need to flash the vehicle for the new cluster to work. However, true dual zone climate control will not work. Passenger side will do nothing, so it’s best to set the system to sync. This is because even with the dual zone cluster, the ac system is not setup for it if the vehicle did not ship with it from factory.
ok fair enough. Does the JScan app turn the cluster on? Thinking of going that option so I can add DRL AND LED LIGHTS TO MY SPORT.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
You need the SAT/GPS antenna connected.

If you don’t have one, you have a couple options here:

https://www.infotainment.com/collec...atellite-radio-antenna?variant=11937743077412
thanks for the link. Unfortunately I have the sunshade installed on my Jeep and I would hate to remove it in order to get to the top of the roll bar cause with my luck when I go to reinstall it’ll have a leak.
However good information for anyone else.
Dave and Greg y’all could really create a hell of a sticky with your knowledge of this upgrade.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Unfortunately I have the sunshade installed on my Jeep and I would hate to remove it in order to get to the top of the roll bar
You don’t actually have to mount the antenna there. It will work tucked under the dash.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Ok cool. I’ll probably just buy this since I already have a Bluetooth OBD and just need the wires. For $17 seems to be worth it.
Make sure your adapter is actually compatible. Some are not. Check on the JSCAN web site.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
You can download the app free and poke around in the demo section to see what all it does. You also need a 12+8 cable.
Gregj

KFraser

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL , 2021 JT
I just want to thank everyone who took the time to write out directions and/or take pics for how to do this upgrade. Made swapping out the radio, adding the hvac controls, and air cabin temp sensor in my Wife’s JL sport do easy.

Sponsored

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I have '20 JLU Willys that came with 5", bought 7 off forums on here. Compass & SiriusXM not working. Says acquiring signal. Been about 24hrs. 5" had SiriusXM already, do I still need to get the infotainment antenna??

timabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JLU
2019 JL Sport. I currently have the 5" crapola. I have ordered from Infotainment the 8.4, correct HVAC stack, the antenna, and the two sensors. I have also ordered from Crutchfield the MB Quart speaker package for the JL (the one without the subwoofer or amps).

My question is how do I add an aftermarket subwoofer to this system? I had a nice low profile Kenwood in my JK but I had an aftermarket head unit so it was simple plug and play. I'm wondering if I can simply tap into the speaker wire for the soundbar? Ideas appreciated.

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Small problem, I used the jscan now I have the check engine light on. I also disabled the ESS and the light is still on the dash.
I did not change out the sensors for auto as it’s not a big deal to me.
any ideas?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I also disabled the ESS and the light is still on the dash.
What light? Did you disable the hood switch?

JSCAN does not actually fully disable ESS. It eliminates the warning light that you get when you disable the hood sensor to bypass ESS. It is not a true disable, as how the Tazer or other tools work.
Sponsored