Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2D, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
Did you also use an obd scanner to change the hvac or just installed the parts and rolled with it?
I use the bypass cable, OBD tool and JScan app. The HVAC will not work at all until you tell the Jeep the auto climate control is installed.
Sponsored

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
Thanks for clearing that up! Are you still running this set up? I'm not a fan of auto climate but if I choose not too to add the sensor, I can still run temperatures at my choosing without issues? Also does dual zone work with this upgrade and flash?
I am still very happy with this set up, The carplay stopped working once for some reason so I just pulled the fuse to the head unit for about 30 seconds then put it back im and it worked fine again. Once I flashed this with the tazer everything worked perfectly. For the dual zone climate control I’ll be honest I never use it or have tested it that much. In theory it should work since I installed all of the sensors but I just never use it. I upgraded my kick panel speakers to 6.5” jl audios, and the tweeter to jbl clubs. Getting my stealthbox and anp installed in a couple weeks.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
So a bit of an update. After all this time, I FINALLY ordered everything else.

Guess what I found while looking around behind the kick panel? My Jeep looks to already have the in cabin temperature sensor... I'm kinda confused right now. I shouldn't have one, right?

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
So a bit of an update. After all this time, I FINALLY ordered everything else.

Guess what I found while looking around behind the kick panel? My Jeep looks to already have the in cabin temperature sensor... I'm kinda confused right now. I shouldn't have one, right?
Can you take some pics I am still confused on all of this. I hope I run into one on my jeep.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Builder
Can you take some pics I am still confused on all of this. I hope I run into one on my jeep.
I'll take some. One of the parts is on backorder.

Sponsored

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
FYI - I purchased enough wire and connectors to make 5 wiring harnesses to connect the in-cabin temperature sensor, sun sensor, and connect to C2. If anyone is looking for a wiring harness, please IM me.
Sent you a message I would really like to get one of those from you. I have a 2019 and I already bought the new sun sensor and the cabin sensor I am just lost on the harness.

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I added the in cabin sensor like JC did (my 2019 S Sport also has the plug and the slot just as pictured). It helps a little. It didn't fix it completely but manageable. In Auto, heat will surge in the beginning and eventually lower to comfortable auto level. Now, I just stop using the auto function for short distance. I would just set what ever temperature I feel comfortable with and put the fan on low. This defeats the purpose of buying the temperature stack from Infotainment for the AUTO function and on top of that wasted $400 plus.
You would think that infotainment would sell the harness. They would make millions lol

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Builder
This is what was stock in my 2020. Is this the in cabin temperature sensor?

3E0259CB-FC79-46BF-B07C-DDDD61D3EF2B.jpeg

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Yes thats it, so you already have one. I am going to start digging under my dash just to make sure that the wire is not just hidden somewhere lol
Mine was taped to a wire bundle above the sensor. Still waiting on my HVAC control.
Gregj

Sponsored

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Builder
Finally got everything swapped in, but the uConnect screen is still displaying the old climate control settings. I used my Tazer to switch the climate control settings. But everything IS working. I just can't see it working. I've powercycled this thing 3 billion times. Maybe one day I'll get lucky?

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Builder
Crisis over. I pulled the fuse for the radio and now everything works as expected!

C451E1F7-74A3-49B2-B554-740351A4135B.jpeg

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Crisis over. I pulled the fuse for the radio and now everything works as expected!

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? C451E1F7-74A3-49B2-B554-740351A4135B
Does your carplay work fine? I just swapped out my head unit and when I use car play sound only plays on the front dash speakers...when I connect to bluetooth sound comes through all speakers including the overhead.

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Does your carplay work fine? I just swapped out my head unit and when I use car play sound only plays on the front dash speakers...when I connect to bluetooth sound comes through all speakers including the overhead.
Only think that plays out of my front window is the GPS.
Sponsored