Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
The person I bought it from doesn’t seem to know what the unlock pin code is. Is there any way to find out what it is?
you're going to know the old owners VIN, and you're going to have to call the dealership from them to get it for you (good luck lol, seems to be hit or miss). Or you can also ask the old owner to call and try to get that for you. (hopefully they are nice)
Sponsored

sebmelon

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Just installed my 7" uconnect 4 non satellite today into my 2019 Sport S JLU. Ordered two weeks ago from @AllMoparParts.com, Benny replied quickly with the part numbers and even included a code to save on shipping all the way over to Canada. Local mopar parts stores wanted around $1200 cad for the bezel and radio, with shipping i paid around $850-$900 cad. Instal was super easy, took around 10 minutes, two power cycles to sync everything. Next up will be the temp control upgrade!
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? IMG_1576

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
So now that the mornings are a little cold I started using the heat with my upgraded Auto control panel and the heater is erratic. It starts blowing really hot air when set to say 67 then starts blowing cold air when it gets to hot inside. I was comparing the schematics of the Manual and Automatic climate control and the auto has 4 temperature sensors in the ducts that I don’t have. I ordered those sensors and I really hope that the wires are already there like the cabin temp was. Has anyone retrofitted the Automatic climate control and had it work properly?

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So now that the mornings are a little cold I started using the heat with my upgraded Auto control panel and the heater is erratic. It starts blowing really hot air when set to say 67 then starts blowing cold air when it gets to hot inside. I was comparing the schematics of the Manual and Automatic climate control and the auto has 4 temperature sensors in the ducts that I don’t have. I ordered those sensors and I really hope that the wires are already there like the cabin temp was. Has anyone retrofitted the Automatic climate control and had it work properly?
you shouldn't need those sensors. When you upgraded your radio did you use Jscan or tazer to unlock the full controls? Also did you swap out the sun sensor and the cabin sensor? Without the cabin and sun sensor your heat/air will be ALL over the place!

okay i just looked back and see you did swap all that out, so my only other thing would be.... when you used the JScan did you unlock Duel ATC? or Duel ATC Rear?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Just installed my 7" uconnect 4 non satellite today into my 2019 Sport S JLU.
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? IMG_1576
The Hill Descent button on your rig allows you to go down steeper hills than mine does. :giggle:

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? 20201113_081737

Sponsored

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
I'm in the same boat. I have 2018 JLU Sport that doesn't have the sun sensor / cabin sensor wiring in the car. I had to create my own wiring based on another thread detail. I also turned everything on with JScan, but still get erratic heating. I have a strong suspicion that the connector and/or wiring is still an issue for me. I see the cabin temp sensor 'little fan' spinning, so it's getting power.

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
you shouldn't need those sensors. When you upgraded your radio did you use Jscan or tazer to unlock the full controls? Also did you swap out the sun sensor and the cabin sensor? Without the cabin and sun sensor your heat/air will be ALL over the place!

okay i just looked back and see you did swap all that out, so my only other thing would be.... when you used the JScan did you unlock Duel ATC? or Duel ATC Rear?
So I swapped out the sun sensor and added the cabin temp sensor my 2020 had the harness also used JScan to select Dual ATC. When it was hot 90-100 outside the A/C worked fine and regulated temperature good enough, but now that I try and use heat it's all over the place. The first time I set the heat to 70 and it got up to about 90 before it reduced the heat output, reducing the heat to 65 worked a little better it only got up to 80 or so before it started pushing cold air.

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I swapped out the sun sensor and added the cabin temp sensor my 2020 had the harness also used JScan to select Dual ATC. When it was hot 90-100 outside the A/C worked fine and regulated temperature good enough, but now that I try and use heat it's all over the place. The first time I set the heat to 70 and it got up to about 90 before it reduced the heat output, reducing the heat to 65 worked a little better it only got up to 80 or so before it started pushing cold air.
do you have the duel zone setting set to "Sync" ?

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well this is just strange. I dont know why this would be happening unless maybe your cabin sensor was faulty? Im out here in PA and we have had a few 20°F nights/mornings and i haven't had and issues *yet*. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, and you were able to use the factory plug for the cabin sensor so thats not the issue.

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I scanned the Jeep when I got home and there’s quite a few codes for the sensors that I don’t have.

14083A66-1281-4D0B-8BEC-927EEE349160.jpeg

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I scanned the Jeep when I got home and there’s quite a few codes for the sensors that I don’t have.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? 14083A66-1281-4D0B-8BEC-927EEE349160
Well this is quite interesting, I’m wondering if something was changed on the 2020 JLU. I have the manual for the 2019 I’ll look for a 2020 and see if they changed it added anything!

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)