Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Before install I disconnected negative. I have yet to try disconnecting anything since it's been happening.

I bought it from a forum member who ran it with the old center stack with no issues. He's been pretty communicative.
I asked because infotainment has been known to have a bad one now and then. They are good about getting a functioning one out to you in exchange.
Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I asked because infotainment has been known to have a bad one now and then. They are good about getting a functioning one out to you in exchange.

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
He mentioned he bought it new from a Mopar wholesaler online. He didn't even need to use an unlock code so didn't have one when he sent it to me. Luckily the dealer was quick to give me an unlock code.

It doesn't make much sense that it could be a connection issue. Arent the radio and center stack powered separately? If it's a short why the HVAC and the radio cutting out on separate occasions? Don't they run on different fuses?

bjorn0

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Hi everyone - new to Jeeps (just bought mine a few weeks back) and new to this Forum!
I spent a few hours going through this thread and all the links suggested - first off, thank you for all the great research!
I went to East Coast Moparts with my list, but one of the parts (center stack climate #6BE28DX9AC) said it did not fit my 2019 Sport JL SO I sent an email to their customer service. Here is the reply I got:
Mopar does not offer screen or radio upgrades for the vehicles. If you end up buying one it can not be cancelled or returned. Mopar does not offer the radio upgrades or any wiring to convert this over.
Is this just something they have to say? Obviously many of you have upgraded, so the parts should be fine, right?
Thank you!

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Right. It’s BS, it’s all plug and play. You won’t regret the decision. The backup camera looks night and day, that alone makes it worth it, IMHO

Sponsored

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
The part number for 2019 is 6sx75dx9aa it is the same part as 6be28dx9ac but it's the "new" part number. They charge more for it.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Im sorry for being to lazy to search through. But can anyone confirm the climate control stack being fully plug and play between spirt models? I have a 7inch stack im trying to put in place of a 5 inch stack to retain volume knobs and possibly get heated seats out of the deal too.

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Im sorry for being to lazy to search through. But can anyone confirm the climate control stack being fully plug and play between spirt models? I have a 7inch stack im trying to put in place of a 5 inch stack to retain volume knobs and possibly get heated seats out of the deal too.
It is not plug and play. You will have to flash it.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
No, if you have automatic ac, you won’t need the module or other controls.
Do you happen to know if this is mandatory for someone who just wants certain options. I just want volume controls. A/c and heat to continue working. And the few buttons i did get with my very basic 5 inch setup to work.

Sponsored

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
Everything on your current center stack will work. You will lose the volume button but the volume buttons on the steering will work. If you don't care about the volume button on the radio then you don't need to upgrade. If you change the center stack then you will need to flash the computer to work the knobs to control the tempature and fan. You can also add in cabin sensor and sun sensor and gain automatic temperature control. You still will not have a dual hvac but you can put the two sides in sync mode and will work as one.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Everything on your current center stack will work. You will lose the volume button but the volume buttons on the steering will work. If you don't care about the volume button on the radio then you don't need to upgrade. If you change the center stack then you will need to flash the computer to work the knobs to control the tempature and fan. You can also add in cabin sensor and sun sensor and gain automatic temperature control. You still will not have a dual hvac but you can put the two sides in sync mode and will work as one.
Ok. Because basically i dont have a factory radio. And the volume knobs went with the 5”. I dont like having my gf reach over at a red light to turn up the music. I want a knob there for passenger to use. The power on off is on my radio i just hold the home button. So i have that already. The dual climate isnt an issue but my new radio does have an hvac app that allows controlling the hvac unit so i was hoping to gain volume knobs, heated seat button, and retain what originally works in my car as of now. This is my stack. As long as i can just switch stacks and keep what i already have just add more when the time comes ill do it. All the buttons on my stack basically have to keep functioning. Im getting the stack free and heated seats for free as well. Just need to figure out what to add as i go when the time comes. This is all about the stack only.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? 431F9EF5-A552-4564-A077-C7F3AB65A690

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
I upgraded mine to the 8.4 uconnect so I don't know how it will work with the insane audio head unit. Sorry I missed that in your original post.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I upgraded mine to the 8.4 uconnect so I don't know how it will work with the insane audio head unit. Sorry I missed that in your original post.
All good. Im sure it works the same as the stack itself is only one plug. But im curious as to what will work regardless of equipment since i replaced the head. I know someone said befor replacing the stack is whats needed to gain volume control and im hoping i do just that for now. As for the heated seats well itll be a long while but ill create my own thread to that process.

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
For my 2020 JLU Willys.
I ordered the following and used the IOS JSan app to enable the new Climate control. It took a couple power cycle's to get everything working correctly but its all good now. I ordered from Jeremy at https://parts.chryslerjeepdodgecityofmckinney.com/ Jeremy was very helpful in getting me the correct 8.4 UConnect for my 2020. Just one note the Satellite Radio cable 68293949AA that I ordered is the wrong part number but I was able to make it work. That cable is for a JK and it's just too short to install the antenna in the factory location. Also this radio has software 28.2.

P/N​
Quantity​
Price EA​
Description​
6SX71DX9AA​
$ 166.10​
CENTER STACK. Upper.
68293962AA​
$ 50.69​
ANTENNA. LTE1 CELLULAR.
68230114AB​
$ 24.47​
SENSOR. A.T.C. Sun, Sun. Right.
55111178AC​
$ 42.35​
SENSOR. Temperature, Temperature Cabin Air. Export.

P/N​
Quantity​
Price EA​
Description​
05064159AG
$ 22.67
CABLE. Satellite Radio.
[SIRIUS Satellite Radio], [Instrument Panel Parts Module], [SIRIUS Satellite Radio].
68293949AA​
$ 38.64​
ANTENNA. Satellite.
6AB55TX7AB​
$ 24.25​
BEZEL. Instrument Panel. Upper.
$1,199.00​
RADIO. MULTI MEDIA.
[Instrument Panel Parts Module], [Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display].
Sponsored