Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

Robbnva

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
oh my. Just found this thread and so many pages. I have the 5" stock sound in my JLU Sport. I see some upgrading to the 7 and others to th4 8.4"

I just want better sound in my jeep. The 7" will be easier and possibly cheaper?

in the meantime what can I do short term to get better sound? replaced the front speakers. tried replacing the roll bar with better speakers but didn't notice a difference so returned those.

would just adding an amp do anything?

sorry, I try searching and there is just so much stuff to dig through.
Sponsored

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
oh my. Just found this thread and so many pages. I have the 5" stock sound in my JLU Sport. I see some upgrading to the 7 and others to th4 8.4"

I just want better sound in my jeep. The 7" will be easier and possibly cheaper?

in the meantime what can I do short term to get better sound? replaced the front speakers. tried replacing the roll bar with better speakers but didn't notice a difference so returned those.

would just adding an amp do anything?

sorry, I try searching and there is just so much stuff to dig through.
7" with HVAC upgrade is the cheapest option. For better sounds get the Alpine PSS-23WRA subwoofer/amplifier.

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JL Sport S
Hey all, new to the JL foums. Had a 2007 JK for a long time and was sad to see it go. Back with a JLU Rubicon and my wife just picked up a JL Sport S. Ordered her the 7" last night from moparwholesalepart.com. Should be here tomorrow. Appreciate everyone's input on this subject as I was initially a little nervous about the swap from the 5". Will update when I've got it done.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Hey all, new to the JL foums. Had a 2007 JK for a long time and was sad to see it go. Back with a JLU Rubicon and my wife just picked up a JL Sport S. Ordered her the 7" last night from moparwholesalepart.com. Should be here tomorrow. Appreciate everyone's input on this subject as I was initially a little nervous about the swap from the 5". Will update when I've got it done.
It’s a piece of cake!

Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Got the 7" in today along with the trim. Was a little nervous pulling that first trim piece off, but after that everything was really simple.
Awesome!

Tony V

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I have 2018 JL Sport. I upgraded to 7 inch. I am currently changing volume on the back of steering wheel and looking to get a knob back. I do not have climate control, zone, or heated seats. What is the part number for the center stack?

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 2018 JL Sport. I upgraded to 7 inch. I am currently changing volume on the back of steering wheel and looking to get a knob back. I do not have climate control, zone, or heated seats. What is the part number for the center stack?
Your scenario matches mine... Here's the part number: 6BE28DX9AC

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Your scenario matches mine... Here's the part number: 6BE28DX9AC
I’m told by every dealership I call weather local (FL) or online-based, that no one has these things in stock. They are on back order till well after Christmas. Just an FYI

Last edited:

Sponsored

P Felix

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
7" with HVAC upgrade is the cheapest option. For better sounds get the Alpine PSS-23WRA subwoofer/amplifier.
Replace all speakers. Add a low profile subwoofer, I did a DIY, type in kicker hideaway 8 to see it. You’ll add decent base for about $250 and after you install it, it’s plug and play and inconspicuous under the passenger seat

Jcgump13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Willys
Hey all, I purchased and installed the 8.4 and center stack from infotainment. I don't have the in cabin temperature sensor or dash daylight wires. I want to revert back to the original center stack. How can I get it to work? I used the odb genie that was supplied from infotainment. But the original center stack controls won't work now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all, I purchased and installed the 8.4 and center stack from infotainment. I don't have the in cabin temperature sensor or dash daylight wires. I want to revert back to the original center stack. How can I get it to work? I used the odb genie that was supplied from infotainment. But the original center stack controls won't work now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
With OBD JScan it's fairly easy to do. Did you contact Infotainment forguidance?

shelglass

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
So I believe I finished reading this thread and am still confused. If I replace just the 5 inch with a 7 inch will I have to change the center stack? And will my A/C and heat still work. I am unconcerned about the compass I am reading some center stacks don't play well with the 7 inch or you have to hook up a temp sensor under the dash? Updates after upgrade. Sorry it;s going in a 2020 Sport base.
Sponsored