Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

NicoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Can anybody give me the part number for a 7” radio with satellite? Thanks.

Sponsored

ajag1984

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2018
Hey man Frankisme92 , I decided buy the center stack but I would need to know if this model Center Stack: 6BE28DX9AC Comes without the buttons for heating in the seats, because I don’t have them.

And the other question I was looking for the mini JL taser and I got two models 1 for $ 219 and another $ 329 both say they work for the JL, will there be any difference between the two? Thank you!

frankisme92

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Door
Hey man Frankisme92 , I decided buy the center stack but I would need to know if this model Center Stack: 6BE28DX9AC Comes without the buttons for heating in the seats, because I don’t have them.

And the other question I was looking for the mini JL taser and I got two models 1 for $ 219 and another $ 329 both say they work for the JL, will there be any difference between the two? Thank you!
6BE28DX9AC doesn’t have the seat warmer buttons. The picture below is what the center stack looks like on my vehicle.

The JL tazer mini which is 329 is what you will need to buy. Not only will it make the AC function on the new center stack but there are a lot of cool features that it has.

Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Does anyone know what size screws you use to secure the “thermostat unit”?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
So question, how do you update the uconnect? Cause on my vin it won't have anything for the 7in unit.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
So question, how do you update the uconnect? Cause on my vin it won't have anything for the 7in unit.
Great question. I have read this entire post and the only option is to search for the VIN of a vehicle with the same specs as what you have installed and run that through the Uconnect firmware update site and see if it triggers an update.
That update would then have to be put on a USB drive and downloaded into the head unit manually.
From all of my research it seems that the 7 inch head unit does not receive many updates, if any at all. That is other than those done by the dealership which are pushed through by corporate.
The 8.4 inch head unit has more options mainly the off-road page therefore gets “routine” over the air (OTA) updates.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
I have been trying the above mentioned method without any success.
Sponsored