Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

CMath23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I bought it on eBay. All knobs work, AC lights comes on, just won't blow air.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? 3E7DD362-43D1-4F4E-82BF-9326E6491686

Here's the display showing the climate controls. It just doesn't blow anything.

image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CMath23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? image

Here's the display showing the climate controls. It just doesn't blow anything.

Got it figured out. I needed to select the ATC withOUT the Rear. Works perfectly fine now.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU

3E7DD362-43D1-4F4E-82BF-9326E6491686.jpeg
Does anyone know the part number for HVAC center stack WTH park assist, but Without heat seats/wheel?

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
No additional wiring needs to be run UNLESS you get the climate control module. The heated seat controls are not on the main climate control panel. See pic:
What’s part number for that center stack? I need that with park assist

Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Hi, guys! I have been following this post for a while now. I’ll be upgrading my 5” soon but I thought I’d consolidate all the information from the post to see if I have a good understanding of everyone’s research. Full disclosure: I have not done any of this myself, this is a consolidation of all the contributors in this thread. Everything below is what I have gathered from various contributors. Specifically, thanks so much to @thewolfman2010 (the original poster), @JJexp, and @romeoz, for sharing your experiences! Please let me know if this is accurate. Here is what I have gathered from the various posts:

-8.4”: 68295730ZF (No GPS)
-8.4”: 68295725ZF (With GPS) Be sure to order the one with GPS unlocked, but it is more expensive. The part numbers are the same.
-8.4” Radio Bezel: 6AB55TX7AB
-Sirius Antenna Extension Cable: 5064159AG
-Sirius Antenna: 68293949AA (This antenna is for the satellite radio and GPS)

-7” radio with satellite radio: 68297546AE
-7” radio without satellite radio: 68297545AE
-7” Radio Bezel: 6AB53TX7AA
-Sirius Antenna Extension Cable: 5064159AG
-Sirius Antenna: 68293949AA (This antenna is for the satellite radio and GPS)

If upgrading from Uconnect 3, 5” screen, you will also need:
-Climate controls panel: 6BE28DX9AC (this is for the part without the parking sensor button)
-Control module: 68249814AE (Also referred to as HVAC module in the post)
-Temperature sensors: ?

Current issues with upgrading: When upgrading from 5” screen, and if you maintain the originally installed climate control panel, volume and tuning for the HU cannot be controlled except for through the steering wheel and the HU cannot be turned off without turning off the vehicle (this does not include when the ESS is kicked in). Climate controls cannot be controlled through the screen, though making changes through the physical knobs do change the graphics in the HU. When installing the matching climate control panel (the one with the volume and tuning knobs), neither heating or AC works. This may be because of a lack of auto temperature control equipped with the vehicle, and thus no temperature sensors. The theory is that the system will not be able to receive temperature information so will not turn on the heat/AC as required. There may be a possibility of solving this by installing temperature sensors. Also, when ordering the climate control panel, make sure that you have a parking sensors button if your vehicle is equipped with it. If you already have auto temperature installed, this is not an issue. All other controls for the new climate control panel work perfectly regardless if auto temperature is installed or not. Also, in order to get firmware updates, you will need a VIN that has the same screen that you upgraded to equipped from the factory. XM Guardian, WiFi functionality has not yet been explored.
Does anyone know the part number for the climate control panel with park assist, but without heat seats and steering wheel? Thank you

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
There are additional sensors which are missing in your Jeep that help the automatic temperature control system maintain a set temperature. Two of these are the sun sensor and the in-cabin temperature sensor. You'll need to install these two in order for your climate control to function correctly on Auto.
The sun sensor is the dome shaped sensor in the left upper dash near driver. Isn’t that the same sensor which turns headlights on and off (automatically)? Thank you

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
that doesn't make any sense. My jeep had a working compass before I upgraded. No satellite radio. Furthermore, as I stated in an earlier post, the compass works when the Jeep is in Acc mode. But stops working when fully on.
I have this same issue. Have you been able to figure this out? Why does it work in ACC mode, but once the engine runs it’s blank!!

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
I'm planning on upgrading to the 7" (w/ Sirius). Do I just buy the unit from one of the vendors and just plug/play replacement? I've read that you need a pin to unlock it. Is that true? Can someone comment please?

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I'm planning on upgrading to the 7" (w/ Sirius). Do I just buy the unit from one of the vendors and just plug/play replacement? I've read that you need a pin to unlock it. Is that true? Can someone comment please?
The pin is need for a previously owned unit. If you are buying a new unit treble it will not be needed.

Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
For those that have upgraded from the 5" to the 7" or 8", is there a way to mute the sound?

I put a 2020 7" unit in my JLU. Everything works but sometimes I just want to mute the stupid coming out of the radio. There doesn't seem to be an on-screen way of doing that.

This may be a deal breaker for me and I might go back to the 5".

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
For those that have upgraded from the 5" to the 7" or 8", is there a way to mute the sound?

I put a 2020 7" unit in my JLU. Everything works but sometimes I just want to mute the stupid coming out of the radio. There doesn't seem to be an on-screen way of doing that.

This may be a deal breaker for me and I might go back to the 5".
Correct you can not mute as there is no physical or virtual mute button. The only option would be to buy the center stack replacement which would have been included with that package. That’s is not as simple as plug and play that would require a dealer flash or use of a Tazer or similar device to force everything to “play nice together”.

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Silly qustion can't get at my jeep right now. If you hit the USB input would that not mute sound while asking which device. I think mine does that. But for the record had a JL tazer allready so just installed a hvac assembly to get volume controls back....

P Felix

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Yes there were several venders selling at competitive prices. Make sure you have the correct model. No pin was required when I paid for a new 7” radio, everything was plug and play, hope this helps, PM if you need any other info.

Liberty0rDeath

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well more of a show and tell and confirmation for anyone on the fence. Got mine upgraded, took 15 minutes top to go from 5” to 7” got the xm model and the seller included the antenna so I have a few months of free service at the moment.
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? D3DC2EF5-7FAF-4396-8A44-30E9C43D46FA

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? 4347D75F-07DC-4B9A-BD39-9E486646190B
Sponsored