Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

jbal13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Ok, I have had the 7” installed for some time now. I just installed the new a/c controls. My question is how long does it take for the radio to recognize the controls? The radio controls work but no lights on the a/c.
Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Ok, I have had the 7” installed for some time now. I just installed the new a/c controls. My question is how long does it take for the radio to recognize the controls? The radio controls work but no lights on the a/c.
Do you have an OBD tool (e.g., Tazer)? I am told that you must turn that option on or find a dealership that will do so for you. The latter is far more difficult. Keep me posted as I am on the fence about purchasing the new HVAC module for this reason.

Junior18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have what might be a rather stupid question; I looked through this thread to see if anybody else had a similar question but didn't see it, so apologies if this is redundant:

I upgraded from the 5'' to 7'' screen and I'm about to order the HVAC controls through Infotainment, but I noticed on my 7'' screen there is currently no climate controls. Is this because there is no climate options hooked up to the radio? Will the controls appear after I hook up the new HVAC panel?

Thanks.

P Felix

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have what might be a rather stupid question; I looked through this thread to see if anybody else had a similar question but didn't see it, so apologies if this is redundant:

I upgraded from the 5'' to 7'' screen and I'm about to order the HVAC controls through Infotainment, but I noticed on my 7'' screen there is currently no climate controls. Is this because there is no climate options hooked up to the radio? Will the controls appear after I hook up the new HVAC panel?

Thanks.
My climate control Icon appeared at the bottom with other icons after installing the climate control panel, I used the Tazer mini by zautomotive to make it work.

91710584-E336-42D5-AE2D-D5541DA8F60C.jpeg

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired

Thanks.
I just watched the video on the Infotainment web site. Looks like if you get the HVAC controls from them you also get a programmer to make it work. Pricey though.

Sponsored

Junior18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks P Felix and cb4017. Looks like I have the answer to my question now. Appreciate the insight.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
Here's my question. I have since decided that I (want) that volume control and tuner knob back in my life. Does anyone know the part number for this control panel, pictured, on a 2020 model year vehicle?
There seems to have been a change for this model year, and I can't figure out which one that I need. I figured it out for 2018, but I'm lost with 2020.
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.40.04 PM

frankisme92

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Door
I have also been following this thread and just to save everyone time in what to buy I have include the numbers below. I’ve installed the radio with Sirius XM and it works. Note you need to have Sirius XM prior to the install if you don’t then you need to buy the antenna. Sirius XM will transfer your subscription or your trial if it’s new but there is a $15 swap fee. The center stack AC will only work if you use the JL Tazer. I would also recommend buying the temperature cabin sensor. If you are wondering if this will work, yes it will. I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door.

Center Stack: 6BE28DX9AC
Radio W/ XM: 68428547AD
Bezel: 6ab53tx7aa
Temperature Cabin Air Sensor: 55111178ac

JL TAZER MINI

frankisme92

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have also been following this thread and just to save everyone time in what to buy I have include the numbers below. I’ve installed the radio with Sirius XM and it works. Note you need to have Sirius XM prior to the install if you don’t then you need to buy the antenna. Sirius XM will transfer your subscription or your trial if it’s new but there is a $15 swap fee. The center stack AC will only work if you use the JL Tazer. I would also recommend buying the temperature cabin sensor. If you are wondering if this will work, yes it will. I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door.

Center Stack: 6BE28DX9AC
Radio W/ XM: 68428547AD
Bezel: 6ab53tx7aa
Temperature Cabin Air Sensor: 55111178ac

JL TAZER MINI
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? A2196C83-614D-41A3-977B-6B0214CF4AFA

Sponsored

frankisme92

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frankisme92 Could you please tell me where you bought everything? Thank you!
I got my items from 2 different places.. I got the center stack from bamwholesaleparts.com and the other items were purchased from wholesaleMopar.com. I would use bamwholesaleparts if they have all the items on their site because they have faster shipping.. wholesalemopar took 3 weeks to send my stuff and bam took about 3-4 days

ajag1984

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2018
Thank you man I am going to try to use BAM, I have a 2018 jeep wrangler sport JL, and I want the 7 inch radio, my experience with infotaiment was terrible, it took a month and a half to return my money, the radio had problems.

the radios in BAM are brand new? or remanufactured?

frankisme92

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you man I am going to try to use BAM, I have a 2018 jeep wrangler sport JL, and I want the 7 inch radio, my experience with infotaiment was terrible, it took a month and a half to return my money, the radio had problems.

the radios in BAM are brand new? or remanufactured?
No problem, I kinda figured that infotainment would have problems since all of their radios are used. Anything you buy from bam or any Mopar wholesale website is new since I’m guessing they get their parts straight from the manufacturer. I installed my radio and it works perfect, back cam, radio XM, etc.. the only problem I saw was whenever I used Apple CarPlay the radio would glitch a little but nothing serious.. I heard it’s pretty common and there should be an update out there that would fix the issue but tbh I don’t see it as much of an issue. Radio works great! Now if you are going to add the center stack make sure you purchase the JL tazer mini and the temp sensor. Super easy to install but it will take an hour to do everything.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Uconnect 7” installation complete on 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL, purchased from EastCoastMoparts-

1. 68420236AC 516.24 7” Uconnect w/o satellite

2. 6AB53TX7AA 22.29 Bezel

3. All functions that came with the 5” work: clearer and more visible back up camera, compass, radio, Bluetooth, USB device- works when connected to the front and center counsel USB connection, a better sounding system, gained Apple Carplay. Function lost, a knob to change stations, volume.

4. Drove with Carplay on, used google maps, XM, apps works perfectly, music stays on while listening to directions, couldn’t be more satisfied. See ya POS 5 inch.
Ordered and installed my 7" without Satellite as well from eastcoastmoparts.com for $516!
(68420236AC) Not only did they order and ship it to me in a few days, but they even threw in a free mopar t-shirt! Recommended mopar parts dealer with no questions asked when ordering the 7" headunit.

Does your compass work? My new 7" unit has the blue connector port on the rear. I have nothing to connect to it. So weird my factory 5" did not have this blue port.
Sponsored

Last edited: