Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
It’s in!

Sorry my wife texted me while I was taking the photo LOL

7151B4B3-770B-4B8A-9DDD-37D3C436DC46.jpeg

Have to go to dealership on Monday and get it added to build sheet and some uConnect 4 updates. They are also giving me another 12 months Satellite Radio for the new head unit!

CCBC5605-C799-4A37-811E-5363DA2C774E.jpeg

NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A PHOTO OF THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNIT SO THAT THE TECH DOESNT HAVE TO PULL IT BACK OUT TO GET THE INFO OFF THE BACK!

@Tupacca @UCnight @David F.
Sponsored

Tupacca

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet! Just picked it up!

D8451295-4FC1-4C5D-AFBD-A1BCFDFE0E10.jpeg

Going to install in the morning and then off to the dealership to get uConnect 4 flashed.
Just curious, what’s the flash for? I guess I never did that, just been running as is? Haven’t had an issue in many months

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2018 Dodge Challenger GT, 2014 Ram 1500 Eco, 2012 MINI Cooper Coupe
Occupation
Engineer
I hear ya. My 5 inch freezes, goes dark, goes off when car is off blasting music. It's really bad but I wish I had bought one when I saw them for $375 on RockAuto... =-\ My fault...
Try these guys - Just ordered today - I HATE that 5 inch POS!!
upload_2019-3-1_12-54-17.png

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Try these guys - Just ordered today - I HATE that 5 inch POS!!
upload_2019-3-1_12-54-17.png
Let me know if that actually ships and I'll place an order

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2018 Dodge Challenger GT, 2014 Ram 1500 Eco, 2012 MINI Cooper Coupe
Occupation
Engineer
Let me know if that actually ships and I'll place an order
Yeah - I will.....saw that some other people had ordered this (not from this Dealer though) and they sat in limbo. Hope that's not the case here - it's actually a Jeep Dealer (Larry H Miller) in Tucson, so I'm optimistic.

Sponsored

Jarmistead82

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Yeah - I will.....saw that some other people had ordered this (not from this Dealer though) and they sat in limbo. Hope that's not the case here - it's actually a Jeep Dealer (Larry H Miller) in Tucson, so I'm optimistic.
Just as a heads up, I ordered the same thing from them a month or so ago. I waited a week and sent a couple inquiries through their site with no response. Then I finally called and was told there was a large core charge I had to pay and that they couldn’t just ship the radio.

I had them cancel the order. Tried a couple other Mopar sites but they all got canceled as well.

Bufja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Just as a heads up, I ordered the same thing from them a month or so ago. I waited a week and sent a couple inquiries through their site with no response. Then I finally called and was told there was a large core charge I had to pay and that they couldn’t just ship the radio.

I had them cancel the order. Tried a couple other Mopar sites but they all got canceled as well.
Oh crap........and they didn't prompt or anything during checkout process about a core?
They've already gotten paid, so I hope there's not an issue getting my $$ back.

Guess I'll wait a week or so and see what transpires.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jarmistead82

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Oh crap........and they didn't prompt or anything during checkout process about a core?
They've already gotten paid, so I hope there's not an issue getting my $$ back.

Guess I'll wait a week or so and see what transpires.

Thanks for the heads up!
Nope, no mention of the core during the checkout. I didn’t have any trouble getting my money back either

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just order through your dealerships before they stop allowing it, which seems to be the trend. That’s what I did and it worked out. Now I’m trying to see if I can get SiriusXM Travel Link added as an extra perk.

Okay so I was just on the site and I guess you have to have navigation to get the travel link. I’m going to dig deeper into this though

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, what’s the flash for? I guess I never did that, just been running as is? Haven’t had an issue in many months
So the unit itself comes with uConnect 4. It’ll work fine but until it is added to your VIN you’ll be unable to receive the OTA updates along the way. Depending on the content of the future updates, you may eventually experience issues with certain functions. By them adding it to your VIN using an available (when there is one) sales code, it’ll also provide warranty. However if you purchased yours online through a 3rd party, good luck getting dealership assistance. My dealership said that if I had purchased mine that way they wouldn’t touch it period.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
So the unit itself comes with uConnect 4. It’ll work fine but until it is added to your VIN you’ll be unable to receive the OTA updates along the way. Depending on the content of the future updates, you may eventually experience issues with certain functions. By them adding it to your VIN using an available (when there is one) sales code, it’ll also provide warranty. However if you purchased yours online through a 3rd party, good luck getting dealership assistance. My dealership said that if I had purchased mine that way they wouldn’t touch it period.
Any word on manually updating? Would you still need your VIN for that?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Any word on manually updating? Would you still need your VIN for that?
I haven’t attempted it myself but I did purchase a flash drive the other day for the purpose to attempt the updates this way until they can determine the proper sales code. Sucks for us being pioneers but hey because we ordered through our dealerships they are on the hook to figure it out not us LOL

There is an update out there already too

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I haven’t attempted it myself but I did purchase a flash drive the other day for the purpose to attempt the updates this way until they can determine the proper sales code. Sucks for us being pioneers but hey because we ordered through our dealerships they are on the hook to figure it out not us LOL

There is an update out there already too
I could live with manual updates if that’s the only way to go. Still having the occasional issues with the auto play on Bluetooth and steering wheel controls so I’ll definitely be attempting them ASAP.

jwoelfle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU S
What do I need to do to get the CarPlay button to appear? It is not on the radio home screen or on the apps screen. I have the 68297546AF installed...waiting for XM to activate, but no CarPlay. I also do not see in the settings where to see my UConnect SW rev level.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored