Upgraded interior dome lighting to Rigid Industries

mcaudill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anybody try adding additional LEDs to the existing OEM fixtures? I'm definitely not an electrician but it seems to me that if you can wire in additional lights you could add LEDs inside the existing light fixture/housing. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Anybody try adding additional LEDs to the existing OEM fixtures? I'm definitely not an electrician but it seems to me that if you can wire in additional lights you could add LEDs inside the existing light fixture/housing. Any thoughts?
I may end up doing this, as well as the rear cargo area. I did it to my jk. Super easy to swap bulbs (I hope) and I have extra LEDs left over. I just got a 15 or 20 pack of side markers lights for semi trucks off eBay. I think the pack cost less than $20.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I may end up doing this, as well as the rear cargo area. I did it to my jk. Super easy to swap bulbs (I hope) and I have extra LEDs left over. I just got a 15 or 20 pack of side markers lights for semi trucks off eBay. I think the pack cost less than $20.
I am not sure that there is much that you can do to the EOM fixture, see here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-sport-dome-light-removal.9352/

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR