Sponsored

jeditdedn

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
You probably need to install a satellite antenna. It'll give you the compass functionality back as well as allow the radio to get siriusxm
What did I miss?

az01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sport S
You probably need to install a satellite antenna. It'll give you the compass functionality back as well as allow the radio to get siriusxm
I had the same issue after upgrading from the 5" to 7" radio. I installed the XM antenna 68293949AA....and after restarting the radio a couple times and calibrating the compass, the compass started working.

OP
OP

RevJonG

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
I spoke to someone at Infotainment.com about their "Soft mount" GPS antenna and was told it plugged into the yellow connector in the back. Though I am old, cranky, and forgetful I thought I remembered plugging something into that connector and told him I would call him back after I took the radio back out to check. The next day, on my way to the post office, I looked at the radio and it was working!
Must be a miracle healing... :LOL:

I had the same issue after upgrading from the 5" to 7" radio. I installed the XM antenna 68293949AA....and after restarting the radio a couple times and calibrating the compass, the compass started working.

gregg3g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Hey. I just need to compas to work after upgrading from the 5" to 7". All i need is the XM antenna right? I can just tuck that in up behind or to the side of the radio? I don't need the satellite wiring unless I want to connect to XM correct? Thank you!
Sponsored