Sponsored

Upgraded 2010 JKUR to JLUR - questions

jeepnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Traded in 2010 Rubicon (bought new) with 162k miles on a Silver Rubicon, AT,HT,8.4,Safety,Tow,Cloth. 1% below invoice. - Picked it up on 1/20.

For everyone waiting.....oh ya...it's worth it.

Couple questions for people that have them already:
Coming from the 3.8L, I'm not sure if the 3.6 has always had a 360 degree loop on the drivers side exhaust down-pipe, or is this a new "feature" on the JL?

Tailgate takes some extra effort to close - normal? (almost have to slam it - this is our 6th Jeep - none were this tight)

One of the hood vents isn't really flush on one corner. Neither are really that flush but one corner is up about 1/4 inch and does not snap down any further. Anyone else have this?

I'm missing the off-road pages as well. Waiting on flash or uconnect update like everyone else I guess.

FYI - installed some lights and the orange wire under hood is switch 1. Could not find a wire color to switch mapping anywhere. If anyone has the color chart, please share.
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
That 360 loop has been there ever since the 3.6l went into the JK. It has to do with evening exhaust flow out of the engine. Fortunately they moved the exhaust a bit on the JL making the need for exhaust spacers unnecessary with lifts(From what I've seen.)
Every new JK I had always required extra force to close the doors/trunk when new... Maybe it will get easier after a little time.

Can't comment on the rest, congrats on the new JL!