RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I second that. Read through those threads.

1. I was aware of the Infotainment site. I found cheaper on ebay. Whoever you choose, the seller has to provide you a take out VIN/access code, or the seller has to have the capability of resetting to pre-new install-never-been-mated-to-vehicle. Otherwise you have a brick.

2. Basic swap is a no-brainer. Just plug-n-play.

3. Uconnect/Sirius Guardian will not work - without a lot of effort. That's not a show-stopper in most cases.
a) you will need to get an LTE antenna. See the threads above. And a cable.
b) you won't have the SOS/ASSIST AutoDim mirror. You can order the mirror, but the replacement jumper harness you need will not be available. This may or may not impact ability to enable Uconnect/XM Guardian. SOS/ASSIST can be operated from the screen.
c) FCA/Sirius "database" mates the radio to the ORIGINAL VIN, that requires a call to correct. Again, in the thread. This is the biggest hurdle to getting this working.

4. Registering regular Sirius XM is not a problem, there may be even an existing trial for XM/Travelink, depending on when your radio was originally activated.

5. You might be able to resell your 7" to Sport owners with the 5". You will recoup some of your money.

6. If the unit goes belly up, you are on your own. Updates may be problematic.

mango315

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler rubicon 2dr
i would like to do this...i really regret not taking the upgrade on my rubicon, i didnt read into it and didnt see it included so much for 1500

i dont mind paying a premium to have it done right, upgrades with glitches drive me crazy...i just called jeep and they said they are working on making a true oem fit for the upgrade

i was considering buying it myself and doing it, but i dont want to have any problems down the road and being shit out of luck
Sponsored