Sponsored

Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Thanks so much for this help I look forward to giving this a shot. How do you like it so far? Do you have the run a new microphone wire?
It's so much better than the factory 5" its absurd. I'd rather have the Teyes over the factory 8", but I will qualify that statement by saying I've only had it installed a week so long term reliability is unknown.

The unit has a microphone on it's front face, so no need for an external mic. Mine also came with an external speaker, no idea what its for, so I didn't install it. A week later I still don't see the need.
Sponsored

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Oh, I will say, for those with the base stereo, the new head unit has revealed just how bad the factory speakers are. I've never been dissatisfied with factory speakers in any vehicle until now. I've got Polks sitting here waiting to go in the dash corners and sound bar.

WarlockLord

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Are you sure the problem is the speakers and not the amp built into the radio? I installed the alpine upgrade with the subwoofer and front tweeters and my rear speakers and whole setup sound great now.

Sponsored

Viperbmw69

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
Question for the group.

I have the teyes head unit. Maybe issue with all but I’ll ask anyway.

I have not been able to get Bluetooth output working from my iPhone to the car for phone calls and voice search etc. it does work fine using the BT audio app but not anywhere else.

msandhu413

First Name
MS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I received the Teyes unit but the looks i have 3 wires (Yellow labeled B+, RED labeled ACC and Blk for Ground). I noticed on others yellow and red are spliced together? Any suggestions if i should connected the yellow to ACC, as well? Thanks

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
For anyone that has received this unit or the Teyes unit, how is it working after months of usage?

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
For anyone that has received this unit or the Teyes unit, how is it working after months of usage?
I've had mine for a year now and have had no issues with it at all. With the right launcher (I use Agama) it looks really clean in the dash. All in all, after you get it all setup, its a very impressive head unit with tons of options.

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I've had mine for a year now and have had no issues with it at all. With the right launcher (I use Agama) it looks really clean in the dash. All in all, after you get it all setup, its a very impressive head unit with tons of options.
Can you explain what Agama is and how you are using it?

Sponsored

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I also still love the unit and upgraded it to CC2 from SPRO and that seems even more responsive. Paid for the voice control but haven't used it but a handful of times. I'd highly recommend it if you are willing to play around with it to get it right.

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have factory Alpine?

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also still love the unit and upgraded it to CC2 from SPRO and that seems even more responsive. Paid for the voice control but haven't used it but a handful of times. I'd highly recommend it if you are willing to play around with it to get it right.
I ordered the Teyes HU, Rear Camera Adapter and Carplay Dongle yesterday, I have the base tiny screen radio with Alpine. How any JL is sold like that is beyond me but its my reality. I cannot wait to get this installed.

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Can you explain what Agama is and how you are using it?
Its a launcher that changes or skins the android interface. Here is a link to the demo from the developer and pic of mine running below. Whats nice is its pretty functional. The compass in the middle can be replaced with nav instructions or speed. The buttons are set to bring up applications (NAV for example brings up Waze), but when you slide the buttons to the side, you can have other apps available to you. You have to pay for it but its was cheap, like $3.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio IMG_0452

Sector281411: I just have the factory speakers for now, on the upgrade list :like:

Reactions: UNC
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
On another note, have you guys had a problem with the Jeep not shutting off completely when running without doors? I think the factory radio has a timer in it to turn the off all the electronics after a set period of time, but now when I shut the Jeep down with the doors off, everything stays on waiting for the doors to open. I've messed around with shorting the pins on the vehicle side plug that tie to the door switch, but it doesn't work.

Its not a huge problem, but I have walked out to a dead battery after it sat in the garage for a day.
Sponsored