Sponsored

Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited
Sector,
How did you determine if you have the correct canbus? I installed it today, everything plugged in but my steering wheel controls aren’t working unless there is a setting in the unit itself. Also I did buy the backup camera adapter and I still just have a black screen when it goes into reverse. I spliced the red wire into the red power wire from the wiring harness and the ground into the ground. Seemed to make good connections. There was also a yellow wire that was labeled “bat” on the reversing adapter, should that also be going to power?
Sponsored

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Greg, sorry just realized you signed your post with your real name. Also which wire from the teyes unit goes to the power? I didn’t notice anything not hooked up after attaching all of the connections. What would not be working if I didn’t hook the power up to the unit? I did hook up the reverse camera wires

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
Greg, sorry just realized you signed your post with your real name. Also which wire from the teyes unit goes to the power? I didn’t notice anything not hooked up after attaching all of the connections. What would not be working if I didn’t hook the power up to the unit? I did hook up the reverse camera wires
You have to go into the settings system and under model, select XP > Jeep > Grand Cherokee > choose option depending on it you have alpine system or not. If you have alpine choose with Amp

The ACC line on the wire harness has to be spliced into ignition power.

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does your unit power up with ignition?
Greg,
Yeah, it does power up with the ignition. I will have to go in and play with the settings to see if the canbus will work. Also did you have 3 lead wires on the backup camera adapter? I had the black and red as others have stated, and I also had a yellow wire. And I did hook up to the cvbs or whatever rca plug to the backup camera port on the harness...
Justin

Sponsored

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Greg,
Yeah, it does power up with the ignition. I will have to go in and play with the settings to see if the canbus will work. Also did you have 3 lead wires on the backup camera adapter? I had the black and red as others have stated, and I also had a yellow wire. And I did hook up to the cvbs or whatever rca plug to the backup camera port on the harness...
Justin
Yes I had black yellow and red

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. So with the help of Greg/Sector and all others, I have a successful install of the Teyes SPro plus.... fitment is pretty good as others have stated. The trim ring is ever so slightly away from the dash along the top section on each side... if you buy the backup adapter, splice the yellow and red together to 12v power supply and the black to ground. Everything now seems to work great. I did use the Agama launcher app like Redwood did and also used a sim from T-Mobile for 4G connectivity.... Prettt amazing upgrade over the 5 inch Uconnect that was in it. Also the sound is a ton times better. (I have upgraded all speakers to kicker, with the SSV 6.5 adapters for the soundbar and the metra 6.5inch pods for the knee panels as well as swapping out the 3.5” kickers for the dash corners)

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. So with the help of Greg/Sector and all others, I have a successful install of the Teyes SPro plus.... fitment is pretty good as others have stated. The trim ring is ever so slightly away from the dash along the top section on each side... if you buy the backup adapter, splice the yellow and red together to 12v power supply and the black to ground. Everything now seems to work great. I did use the Agama launcher app like Redwood did and also used a sim from T-Mobile for 4G connectivity.... Prettt amazing upgrade over the 5 inch Uconnect that was in it. Also the sound is a ton times better. (I have upgraded all speakers to kicker, with the SSV 6.5 adapters for the soundbar and the metra 6.5inch pods for the knee panels as well as swapping out the 3.5” kickers for the dash corners)
I am glad you got it working. Did the cambus Settings I posted work?

it is amazing how much better the sound is. Did you have base or alpine system?

on your SIM card what plan did you get? I want to do this but haven’t found a plan I like yet.

Lets see some pictures

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am glad you got it working. Did the cambus Settings I posted work?

it is amazing how much better the sound is. Did you have base or alpine system?

on your SIM card what plan did you get? I want to do this but haven’t found a plan I like yet.

Lets see some pictures
The canbus settings work perfectly. Steering wheel controls work, the status of the AC/heat shows up on the bottom even thought I don’t think I can control it from the screen. It shows what door is ajar, I am pretty darn impressed.

I had the base of the base systems I believe. I did do all the upgrades available to the speakers with middle of the line quality components as well as I will be installing a 10 inch under seat sub either under the passenger seat or attached to the rear cargo area door.... haven’t decided about that yet.

I’m using a micro sim from T-Mobile. We just recently switched over to T-Mobile from AT&T and they were offering open 2 lines get one free. We were using the 3rd line for a smart watch tracker thing for my 5 year old but he literally wore the watch for 15 minutes and hates it so I just plugged that in.... the other option I was going to use was “red mobile” and do the 2gb plan, probably enough for the time I would use it in the Jeep..

Let me see if I can figure out how to post a pic...

9EA1DF48-F42D-49AB-8DBE-92BDC7DCEFAD.jpeg

Sponsored

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good I like the agama launcher. I installed the paid version of power amp pro to sort my music. I ran one of the usb inputs to my glove box and have a 450gb SSD plugged in there. Power amp is awesome for this

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Greg, another question, as this evening I have no power to the radio. It turned on for 2 seconds then went black, now I am thinking I need to splice in another power wire into the Jeep for the unit... which wire on the ujit needs power?

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See the picture in this thread, it is the ACC wire I show needs to be connected the ignition source.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/teyes-cc2-head-unit-for-the-jeep-jl.60675/
Excellent write up Greg! I had that wire tapped into the wire harness that ties into the main Jeep harness (that I thought that was the ACC power). It worked last night and this morning, but this evening it was acting up. Based on your suggestion I tapped into the cig lighter 12V power side and now all seems good!
Sponsored