Sponsored

Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited
Hickory redwood, can you tell me what teyes radio you have? Is it the teyes cc2 or the teyes spro
Sponsored

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I see 3 similar radios in the Teyes spro/cc2, the Phoenix ocra-core and the seicane 9 inch. The non-Teyes both advertise more recent versions of android, but otherwise I’m curious if there are any notable difference between them. Is there one you guys would recommend over the others?

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I see 3 similar radios in the Teyes spro/cc2, the Phoenix ocra-core and the seicane 9 inch. The non-Teyes both advertise more recent versions of android, but otherwise I’m curious if there are any notable difference between them. Is there one you guys would recommend over the others?
all same, but get the highest core and highest memory the better. You can do more research in xda-developers.com/

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
I ordered the Teyes CC2 weeks ago with the rear camera adapter and the Carplay dongle but it has been stuck in air transit for 15 days. Not getting a good feeling about it.

Sponsored

Korny614

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport Unlimited
On another note, have you guys had a problem with the Jeep not shutting off completely when running without doors? I think the factory radio has a timer in it to turn the off all the electronics after a set period of time, but now when I shut the Jeep down with the doors off, everything stays on waiting for the doors to open. I've messed around with shorting the pins on the vehicle side plug that tie to the door switch, but it doesn't work.

Its not a huge problem, but I have walked out to a dead battery after it sat in the garage for a day.
Did you ever find a solution to this? It is related to the canbus settings from I've figured out. I'm looking a wiring in a hard switch to the ACC line to manually turn power off to the head until but I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it.

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Did you ever find a solution to this? It is related to the canbus settings from I've figured out. I'm looking a wiring in a hard switch to the ACC line to manually turn power off to the head until but I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it.
Well let me save you some effort. I did exactly that. Unfortunately, the vehicle still drained the battery after about a day of sitting in the garage. I emailed Z-Automotive and they are working on a solution through the Tazer-lite, but they said it would be a long time before it came out.

So for now I resorted to a true master kill switch on the negative side of my battery. I figured if I had my doors off and it was going to sit for a while without me starting it, it would be easier to just disconnect the battery than to jump it later. Not ideal at all, but works.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks guys. Also curious if anyone has used both the Chinese (Teyes et al.) and Insane Audios android unit and had thoughts on whether the $1000 premium was worth it? I would want this head unit to last the life of the vehicle, so if there is a noticeable improvement in build quality or software stability, I’m all for it. But if not it’s harder to justify...

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks guys. Also curious if anyone has used both the Chinese (Teyes et al.) and Insane Audios android unit and had thoughts on whether the $1000 premium was worth it? I would want this head unit to last the life of the vehicle, so if there is a noticeable improvement in build quality or software stability, I’m all for it. But if not it’s harder to justify...
All these are made in China. If Insane Audio offers a warranty go for it. My Seicane works just fine till now with no issue, bought it last April 2018

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
All these are made in China. If Insane Audio offers a warranty go for it. My Seicane works just fine till now with no issue, bought it last April 2018
I agree. I haven’t had any issues with mine, but having a warranty would be nice.

Sponsored

Korny614

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well let me save you some effort. I did exactly that. Unfortunately, the vehicle still drained the battery after about a day of sitting in the garage. I emailed Z-Automotive and they are working on a solution through the Tazer-lite, but they said it would be a long time before it came out.

So for now I resorted to a true master kill switch on the negative side of my battery. I figured if I had my doors off and it was going to sit for a while without me starting it, it would be easier to just disconnect the battery than to jump it later. Not ideal at all, but works.
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't see this until after I did it unfortunately. I also tried switching the ground off, it didn't work either(radio didn't even shut down) I don't want to mess with can bus adapter. If Z-automotive is able to fix this that would be great it would make me purchase it. otherwise I wonder how Insane Audio handles this or linkwell.

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't see this until after I did it unfortunately. I also tried switching the ground off, it didn't work either(radio didn't even shut down) I don't want to mess with can bus adapter. If Z-automotive is able to fix this that would be great it would make me purchase it. otherwise I wonder how Insane Audio handles this or linkwell.
Yea I’m with you. There’s a thread on here started by folks with blind spot monitoring looking for the same thing, so it will come, just a matter of time. If by chance they do, let us know.

However, I will tell you, once you upgrade, you will never look back. Assuming you can use your phone as a hotspot, there are just to many great features like real-time weather, amazon music, ODB monitoring, trail maps, etc.

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Yea I’m with you. There’s a thread on here started by folks with blind spot monitoring looking for the same thing, so it will come, just a matter of time. If by chance they do, let us know.

However, I will tell you, once you upgrade, you will never look back. Assuming you can use your phone as a hotspot, there are just to many great features like real-time weather, amazon music, ODB monitoring, trail maps, etc.
Here it is:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sensor-work-around-with-doors-off.11963/

Korny614

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a seicane px5, I did contact Insane Audio, their head unit is a px6 single thread performance is twice but less total cores. I enjoy the head unit for the most part, I did install a custom rom as the default rom was crash prone. What I would like to find out from Insane Audio is if their unit has a fix for the door issues, but also if it has a built in inclinometer so torque can display it.

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
did anyone with Teyes take a picture of the sticker on the canbus box?
Sponsored