Sponsored

Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited
Sector,
Did you get your teyes unit? Im still debating on teyes or the one from phoenix...
Sponsored

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
Sector,
Did you get your teyes unit? Im still debating on teyes or the one from phoenix...
I did and it works on my bench but they sent me the wrong canbus box. I am waiting on replacement.

I have tested it in my Jeep as well and Factory backup camera works fine but no steering wheel controls until I get correct canbus.

greg

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order from ali express? And do they just include the backup camera module connection, I can't find it separately

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order from ali express? And do they just include the backup camera module connection, I can't find it separately
Yes I ordered from Ali express and no I had to order it separately it shows an accessory

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Yes I ordered from Ali express and no I had to order it separately it shows an accessory
I'm sorry if some of my old posts are misleading. Teyes was not selling the backup camera adapter until I reached out to them and then they started including it in the price of the device. They send me mine for free as the original ad showed that they were fully compatible and obviously it wasn't when it arrived without the adapter. Then they started selling the adapter and then some time thereafter they stopped including it in the price. So long story short, check aliexpress for what they are currently offering before taking what is being said on here for true. Also, they are very responsive if you want to reach out to them. The engineer's whatsapp is 86 136 8496 4012

Sponsored

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally after months of waiting I got the correct canbus for my Teyes CC2. I got it installed yesterday and I am learning how to use it. Back up camera and CarPlay work great.

Steering wheel controls work great and so far not having a volume knob hasn’t bothered me at all.

My factory alpine upgrade system works great as well and sounds SO MUCH better. Just have to tell it you are using an amp.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio 47C08512-6FCF-4621-9BB6-F3DE707DA3AF

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally after months of waiting I got the correct canbus for my Teyes CC2. I got it installed yesterday and I am learning how to use it. Back up camera and CarPlay work great.

Steering wheel controls work great and so far not having a volume knob hasn’t bothered me at all.

My factory alpine upgrade system works great as well and sounds SO MUCH better. Just have to tell it you are using an amp.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio 47C08512-6FCF-4621-9BB6-F3DE707DA3AF
Looks really good! How is the fit and finish? I pulled the trigger and bought the Teyes SPro plus, awaiting for it to arrive from China.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

Looks awesome! Does the unit have accel or gyros for an inclinometer like the off-road pages?

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also does the USB port on the dash still work or how about the one in the center console?

Sponsored

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also does the USB port on the dash still work or how about the one in the center console?
Yes all USB ports still work in console and dash. It also adds two more USB ports that connect to the CC2. One has a 450GB SSD with all my uncompressed flac music files on it and the other for my CarPlay.

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks really good! How is the fit and finish? I pulled the trigger and bought the Teyes SPro plus, awaiting for it to arrive from China.
Small gap on side toward the top but that allows me a gap to run CarPlay usb and power for my magnetic charger.

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent, makes me excited I decided to buy. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully the correct canbus is delivered with the unit and I’ll be happy.

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent, makes me excited I decided to buy. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully the correct canbus is delivered with the unit and I’ll be happy.
Two things to note, you will need to run a line from the ACC on the Teyes wire harness to an ACC source. If you have the aux switches you can go there or you can go to the cigarette lighter for it. Another line will need to go to the ACC power line on the Rear Camera adapter as well if you bought it.

Greg

Glscrambled

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two things to note, you will need to run a line from the ACC on the Teyes wire harness to an ACC source. If you have the aux switches you can go there or you can go to the cigarette lighter for it. Another line will need to go to the ACC power line on the Rear Camera adapter as well if you bought it.

Greg
I did purchase the reverse camera adapter, and I don’t have the aux switches so I guess I will splice both into the cig lighter wiring.... hopefully it comes soon
Sponsored