Sponsored

Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
Excellent write up Greg! I had that wire tapped into the wire harness that ties into the main Jeep harness (that I thought that was the ACC power). It worked last night and this morning, but this evening it was acting up. Based on your suggestion I tapped into the cig lighter 12V power side and now all seems good!
Great News
Sponsored

Korny614

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport Unlimited
Not sure if people are following this thread, but I have found a work around to the radio and jeep not shutting off with the doors off. I get my inspiration from http://forum.autopumpkin.com/viewtopic.php?t=2821.

I've hooked up the indicated wire in this post on the canbus adapter to a switch so I can now turn power off to the can bus adapter which shuts the radio, shifter, evic off. I'm using a 3 position switch (on,off,on) with in side hooked up to the harness, I'm going to hook the other to a ACC switched line. I'm hoping when I take to doors off I can simply turn the switch to ACC and switch it to default come winter.

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Not sure if people are following this thread, but I have found a work around to the radio and jeep not shutting off with the doors off. I get my inspiration from http://forum.autopumpkin.com/viewtopic.php?t=2821.

I've hooked up the indicated wire in this post on the canbus adapter to a switch so I can now turn power off to the can bus adapter which shuts the radio, shifter, evic off. I'm using a 3 position switch (on,off,on) with in side hooked up to the harness, I'm going to hook the other to a ACC switched line. I'm hoping when I take to doors off I can simply turn the switch to ACC and switch it to default come winter.
Great work around. Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored