Upgrade from stock tires

Beanner

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ok serious question and please serious answers because I need to know.

I have a 2020 JLU running on stock 255 R70x18’s. From all I have researched, I can go to 33’s without a lift without rub. But my question is how does the Jeep handle and drive once the next size tire gets put on? Does the steering get looser? Is it harder to steer? I do not want to feel like I am drifting off the road or anything like that. I am not talking the roar of the tire or the bumpiness of the ride, it’s the handling I worry about. As for weather, it seems like all it does is rain. We get the occasional snow which I only drive in if I am stuck and have to drive home.

I swear Jeep dealerships are just no help. If anything after talking to a parts manager today, frankly, he scared me from getting them. I don’t get it because everyone drives on bigger tires. I was going to buy a lifted Jeep with the bigger tires before I got my current Jeep but it made me car sick. The car salesman told me it was the lift. The sales manager today told me it was the bigger tires. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Sponsored

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
You're going from a 32.1 inch to a 33 inch tire, you won't notice a difference. Haven't done it to my jl sport s yet, will go to 35s, but went from 31s to 33s on my jk no real difference. You'll feel more of a change going to 35s or 37s.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
OP, am thinking your are in the wrong state, your locations say VA. The clue to me was, "all it does is rain." Not here in LV. Anyways, don't know what the deal is with dealerships but you should more than fine with 33's and no lift. Odds are you and your jeep are going to notice no difference.
Sponsored