Sponsored

Upgrade Dana 35s or move up to Dana 44s?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
yeah...Jeep did some interesting things with the rear axles. Mine happened to be a M220 with 3.45 gears..all of that doesn't matter anymore as I've traded the Sahara in for a Rubicon..axle dilemma solved!
Maybe you have to change your name to 702RubiconJL now?
Sponsored

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport
Congrats!, yah i dont think trading in my sport is an option at this point, with a few things that i have already cut off and the with not having the oem bumpers anymore. I had already traded in a Renegade for this wrangler, trading it in for rubicon will make zero financial sense for me. On top of that, im sentimentally attached to it now, since we have been on many adventures and has surprised me in places that i thought i would be stuck for sure. But at the time of writing this, im entertaining the idea of getting rubicon crate axles from mopar. The value of stock rubicon axles is too good. Lockers, gear, beefier axle and brakes for the price of 1 pro-rock 44. Regearing axles alone is 2k. Might just do that and weld on reinforcements to beef up the FAD.

OP
OP
702SaharaJL

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Maybe you have to change your name to 702RubiconJL now?
haha. Can I do that??

Congrats!, yah i dont think trading in my sport is an option at this point, with a few things that i have already cut off and the with not having the oem bumpers anymore. I had already traded in a Renegade for this wrangler, trading it in for rubicon will make zero financial sense for me. On top of that, im sentimentally attached to it now, since we have been on many adventures and has surprised me in places that i thought i would be stuck for sure. But at the time of writing this, im entertaining the idea of getting rubicon crate axles from mopar. The value of stock rubicon axles is too good. Lockers, gear, beefier axle and brakes for the price of 1 pro-rock 44. Regearing axles alone is 2k. Might just do that and weld on reinforcements to beef up the FAD.
I hear you on the zero financial sense. I was in the same boat. I lost a little bit, but overall I’m happier.

I was gonna do the crate axle thing too, but it was getting real expensive. And I was just making a bootlegged Rubicon anyway!

They gave me the rubicon for $44,108 and it had some nice options. $34,000 on my trade, Payment went up $100 (canceled the pool guy to offset, sorry buddy!) threw $5k down and a deal was made!

Now my Harley gets the backseat to the Jeep when it comes to the mods. Lift, tires, wheels and bumper w/ winch is next. Maybe split the battery too....I guess it never ends.
Sponsored