Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
@Katzkin UPDATE:

The pro install shop just called me and asked me to come in tomorrow and we discussed the process and he said they’ll look at it and try to salvage it if they can. I told him about the color order being wrong as well as I ordered more Red with Black but I received more Black with some Red. He said he wasn’t informed about that by the Katzkin person and that is above his level but he is going to reach out and ask."

I now have to go on my lunch break tomorrow and of course after all the back and forth I’ve had to do I’d like to receive the correct color scheme and in a kit that doesn’t look like old worn used leather.
Hopefully they just right this wrong. To say I’m bummed out is an understatement :(

@Katzkin
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@everyone.... This could also be an issue in which the installer tried to do a decent install and the Katzkin covers themselves were ill fitting... not up to snuff lets say. This is for @Katzkin to determine.. They will rely on a known to be good, Katzkin installer to let them know what the deal is. As I mentioned earlier I do feel Katzkin will make this right, make @Sangiuolo11 a happy Katzkin purchaser/owner.

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
@Sangiuolo11

Can tell you, were it not for social media, you would probably not be getting the attention to this issue as you are. Twenty years ago, you'd be pounding sand.

@Katzkin

Please understand that Guy had called us and we were already looking into this issue prior to our knowledge of this post. To level set, we are a company that stands behind the quality of our workmanship. In some instances, the installation of the product does not go as planned and in some instances we have made an error during the sewing process. Understand the JL interior has almost 300 separate parts, one of the most complex in our pattern library. Furthermore, we are a "just in time" manufacturing company. We have over 7000 active patterns that can be ordered at any given moment, with a variety of almost 200 material variations. Plus, we have less than 48 hours to do all this in.....
Looking at this forum there are a number of interiors that have been produced by Katzkin that look much better than the pictures that Guy posted. We can all draw the conclusion that some thing is wrong in this instance. Therefore, we are working to rectify the issue in a timely manner.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Please understand that Guy had called us and we were already looking into this issue prior to our knowledge of this post. To level set, we are a company that stands behind the quality of our workmanship. In some instances, the installation of the product does not go as planned and in some instances we have made an error during the sewing process. Understand the JL interior has almost 300 separate parts, one of the most complex in our pattern library. Furthermore, we are a "just in time" manufacturing company. We have over 7000 active patterns that can be ordered at any given moment, with a variety of almost 200 material variations. Plus, we have less than 48 hours to do all this in.....
Looking at this forum there are a number of interiors that have been produced by Katzkin that look much better than the pictures that Guy posted. We can all draw the conclusion that some thing is wrong in this instance. Therefore, we are working to rectify the issue in a timely manner.
It's not cat'skin's fault ; cat'skin is going to fix everything up for Guy . Let's give cat'skin a round of beer ! All the beer is on us , cat'skin .

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Katzkin
As a Katzkin owner myself (on four vehicles in the past) and I am confident that Katzkin will find out what exactly went a muck and will make it right. Katzkin .....Terrific reputation, terrific product offerings. You are known to stand by your covers..

As for what I said about 20 years ago and before social media .... Young "Guy" here would undoubtedly not be heard... at least not as easily as he was heard today and with remedy in hand it seems. I am not aiming this comment at Katzkin but making a general non aimed comment. 8-)

Sponsored

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
For the record i spoke with the dealership IN PERSON yesterday but by the time I went to pick it up the manager wasn’t there just a few younger ladies that I’m not going to give the brunt of my frustration too.

Pay attention to the whole thread before you comment. I called back this morning yes and am going in today but the point of this thread was to gather some opinions and advice and a valid argument that I can leverage to my advantage. Not whatever the hell you categorize your comment as.

So do you want to try and “edit” your comment again buddy?
You are a piece of work. We are all fellow Jeep owners here, why the hate and disrespect? Did I dog what you do for a living? Did I dog your Jeep? DId I dog your post of asking for advice? Nope to all. Have you ever made a mistake in your life? FYI, I read the whole thread before I posted. Go back and read what I said. I said give the dealer a chance and call them BEFORE talking about canceling credit cards and all that nonsense. People like you are never happy and just complain 24/7. And yes, I did ask my Manager before writing this post right after I collected my fat bonus check for last month. Thanks for asking. Last time I try and help you sir.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You are a piece of work. We are all fellow Jeep owners here, why the hate and disrespect? Did I dog what you do for a living? Did I dog your Jeep? DId I dog your post of asking for advice? Nope to all. Have you ever made a mistake in your life? FYI, I read the whole thread before I posted. Go back and read what I said. I said give the dealer a chance and call them BEFORE talking about canceling credit cards and all that nonsense. People like you are never happy and just complain 24/7. And yes, I did ask my Manager before writing this post right after I collected my fat bonus check for last month. Thanks for asking. Last time I try and help you sir.
Easy ... easy ... @Chemy350 . The OP consulted with the Forum , and got the help he needed from cat'skin . Everything is cool . Join us for the free beer , buddy . Also , cat'skin is going to give us free hot dogs .

Send to @Katzkin .

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
925F744A-CDBC-4FE0-8D30-DBD41C6173FF.gif

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OldGuyNewJeep Yup, flip open a chair and sit and wait to see what the "Fat Lady" sings.......................

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Chemy350

If they were your covers installed like that you would be sniveling... crying here like a friggin baby. I know I would be. You are out of line getting after the OP as you did.

Dealership employee you are.... figures as much..

RubiconRider

First Name
Deen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2016 Rubicon
Contacting your credit card company when a purchase goes wrong is one of the first things you're supposed to do. Make them aware of the situation so they can back you up immediately. They will reach out to the vendor and assist you in getting them to make things right. Once they make things right again you call your credit card and cancel/close the dispute. It's not nonsense, its called being a smart shopper. This is actually encouraged by your credit card company because it keeps them in the loop and makes things a lot easier for them when they truly have to fight to get your money back.
Sponsored