Sponsored

UPDATES!!! Advice: Bad Katzkin Leather Install from Jeep dealership

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Spoke with dealer in person today and they were quick to say it wasn’t there fault and no much they can do but they’ll reach out to Katzkin and see what they can do.

I reached out to Katzkin and spoke with a manager and sent pictures before they did and he got back to me and let me know that this is unacceptable and they will be taking care of it. Whether it’s setting me up with a REAL installer near by or making an entire new kit. And they said they will have solutions and choices for me by COB today.

That’s customer service. That’s taking pride in your work. Not shifting the blame and giving me the run around. I’ll keep you all posted once I hear back.
Wait, I saw you are in Raleigh...where the heck did you get this done? I want to stay away. Did you buy from Leith?
Sponsored

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
As part of our commitment to outstanding customer service, we are working on a solution. Pictures are very helpful, but sometimes it is best to have one of our installers look at the leather and make a determination on the next steps. To Guy and all that are following, we will make to sure we follow through on making this interior look amazing.

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
As part of our commitment to outstanding customer service, we are working on a solution. Pictures are very helpful, but sometimes it is best to have one of our installers look at the leather and make a determination on the next steps. To Guy and all that are following, we will make to sure we follow through on making this interior look amazing.
That deserves a thumbs up. Nothing like the manufacture coming on here and addressing the problem.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Katzkin .......... Thanks for your post on his issue. Be assured that many here are following closely in regard to what happens to this young guy in regard to his Katzkin install. I figure Katzkin will make it right.

... I also believe someone needs to compensate this guy for his time and anguish in regard to this issue!

Perhaps getting the Katzkin's in the color he wanted, (do you know they screwed up his order in regard to color also) have them installed properly and then refund him what he paid for the install. I'm confident that Katzkin will make this guy whole again.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Definitely a bad install. Stealerships don't know how to install leather correctly they just put it on. It needs to be heated up and steamed to shrink the leather and get a good fit.

Always have an actual interior install shop do the work. I would demand a refund for the install portion and go to a real installer to have it corrected
Definitely a bad install. Stealerships don't know how to install leather correctly they just put it on. It needs to be heated up and steamed to shrink the leather and get a good fit.

Always have an actual interior install shop do the work. I would demand a refund for the install portion and go to a real installer to have it corrected
Totally agree. An install shop did my Katzkin seats and they came out great. No way a dealer has the expertise to do the install at the same level as professional upholstery shop.
Seat 4.jpg

Seat 3.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
@Katzkin .......... Thanks for your post on his issue. Be assured that many here are following closely in regard to what happens to this young guy in regard to his Katzkin install. I figure Katzkin will make it right.

... I also believe someone needs to compensate this guy for his time and anguish in regard to this issue!

Perhaps getting the Katzkin's in the color he wanted, (do you know they screwed up his order in regard to color also) have them installed properly and then refund him what he paid for the install. I'm confident that Katzkin will make this guy whole again.
Thank you all for the support and thank you Katzkin for reaching out to me both on this forum and by phone and trying to resolve this issue. I look forward to the professional shop reaching out, scheduling my appointment, and getting this all resolved. This was never about me hoping to be compensated, this was only about me wanting to have the quality product and service that I had hoped for and paid for.

I love my JLU and like everyone on here that does some after market mods to theirs... we just want quality and to have it done right (unless you DIY)

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, I saw you are in Raleigh...where the heck did you get this done? I want to stay away. Did you buy from Leith?
Totally agree. An install shop did my Katzkin seats and they came out great. No way a dealer has the expertise to do the install at the same level as professional upholstery shop.
Seat 4.jpg

Seat 3.jpg
It was done at Westgate but through a professional contractor that they had used for years apparently

And yeah I ordered mine shortly after seeing your post @COBoarder I thought yours came out great and that’s what I was expecting. To receive my car back and have it look the way it does was a complete disappointment and what was worse was the total waste of money I had felt that I spent

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
It was done at Westgate but through a professional contractor that they had used for years apparently

And yeah I ordered mine shortly after seeing your post @COBoarder I thought yours came out great and that’s what I was expecting. To receive my car back and have it look the way it does was a complete disappointment and what was worse was the total waste of money I had felt that I spent
I hate to hear that man. I bought at Leith....

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sangiuolo11

Guy, Not for nothing but regardless of whether you are a Doctor, Fast Food worker, or whatever... or even if you are unemployed.... your time is worth money!

Someone in this food chain so to speak, took you as a friggin fool and then others blew some smoke up your ass.

They put you in the position of coming here and asking for help basically.

Can tell you, were it not for social media, you would probably not be getting the attention to this issue as you are. Twenty years ago, you'd be pounding sand.

Anyway, your time is worth money and don't think it is not. Now another trip to an install place, without your JL for X and so on. I for one feel the right thing would be that your install $ be returned. Time will tell how this is dealt with.

YOU may accept the minimum from the nitwits that put you in this predicament but I expect more for you. What is right is right.

I suggest other's that are thinking Katzkin's to sit back, hold off on Katzkin's and see how this little story plays out. I'm thinking it will play out aok but it ain't over til the fat lady sings so to speak.

@Katzkin

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate to hear that man. I bought at Leith....
I bought at Leith auto park as well but I work right by westgate so it just seemed easy to just drop my car off there and head over to work... clearly I was wrong and should have went elsewhere.

My girlfriend was getting leather installed as well through Sir Walter Chevy and they use Tops & Trends a pro shop here in Raleigh.... Katzkin called me up and said they were putting me in touch with one of their top partners. Guess who.... Tops & Trends

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I bought at Leith auto park as well but I work right by westgate so it just seemed easy to just drop my car off there and head over to work... clearly I was wrong and should have went elsewhere.

My girlfriend was getting leather installed as well through Sir Walter Chevy and they use Tops & Trends a pro shop here in Raleigh.... Katzkin called me up and said they were putting me in touch with one of their top partners. Guess who.... Tops & Trends
I wonder who did yours?

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01

The install money won’t be returned because as you can imagine the last thing the dealership will do is refund me. The invoice was paid to them. Talk about time, the battle that will have to take place in order to get my money back will take months probably.

And you’re absolutely right, time is money. No argument there, but at the end of the day I just want what I paid for ya know. A genuine, quality leather install from @Katzkin that looks damn near perfect lol and in the correct order that I asked for.

@COBoarder install is a perfect example of what I expected. Not the crap I received

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01

The install money won’t be returned because as you can imagine the last thing the dealership will do is refund me. The invoice was paid to them. Talk about time, the battle that will have to take place in order to get my money back will take months probably.

And you’re absolutely right, time is money. No argument there, but at the end of the day I just want what I paid for ya know. A genuine, quality leather install from @Katzkin that looks damn near perfect lol and in the correct order that I asked for.

@COBoarder install is a perfect example of what I expected. Not the crap I received
Look for the refund of your install costs to come from Katzkin. Let them work down the food chain... to those installing their product and find out what went wrong... why this happened. It's their baby so to speak. Just sit back and pursue no one. If Katzkin is the company they are known to be, they will make this right and get you the install $ back in your pocket, the correct color covers installed and installed correctly!

As a side note... please do not use your Debit Card anymore... :facepalm:

@Katzkin

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
@Rhinebeck01
As soon as you file with small claims court , and serve them , they will return your money .
Seldom does any dealer ever have a leg to stand on because most are slimes . Never trust a dealer , ever . Always verify work before paying .
Furthermore , cut up your debit card , like now .
Sponsored