Sponsored

Updated Options List for 2018 JLU Wrangler Sport, Sahara, Rubicon - incl. Power Top and Selec-Trac

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
With the infotainment package, you get the alpine speaker upgrade. The system is a little jockey that way. If you select the infotainment group first, it greys out the alpine. Just like if you pick cold weather group, it greys out remote start because that is part of the package.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
With the infotainment package, you get the alpine speaker upgrade. The system is a little jockey that way. If you select the infotainment group first, it greys out the alpine. Just like if you pick cold weather group, it greys out remote start because that is part of the package.
With the manual transmission, is the cold weather package discounted since you can't get remote start, or do they just leave the price the same?

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Did anyone else notice that in the Rubicon pics (presumably with the High Rise Fenders) they appear to be closer at the top to the bottom of the edge of the hood and well above the side vent as compared to the Sahara pics where the top of the fender appears an inch or 2 lower and more in line with the top of the side vent ?

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Did anyone else notice that in the Rubicon pics (presumably with the High Rise Fenders) they appear to be closer at the top to the bottom of the edge of the hood and well above the side vent as compared to the Sahara pics where the top of the fender appears an inch or 2 lower and more in line with the top of the side vent ?
Yep!

kap10cook

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Yukon Denali, several motorcycles, 2018 Wrangler JL Red 2-DR Rubicon (on order)
Here's an updated available options list for each trim.

Of note -- the 2.72:1 Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD System will only be available for the Sahara and the Power Soft Top will only be available for the Sahara and Rubicon.

For a breakdown of all the package/group content click here.

SPORT

2018-JL-Wrangler-Sport-Options.jpg

SAHARA

2018-JL-Wrangler-Sahara-Options.jpg

RUBICON

2018-JL-Wrangler-Rubicon-Options.jpg

2018_Wrangler_JL_optional_content.jpg

Has there been any update to the timing of the soft power top availability? The previous timeline listed availability in May of 2018. Does this mean it can't be ordered until then? Also, can someone please confirm that the power top will be available on the JL Rubicon (not just the JLU)? Thanks!

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
Has there been any update to the timing of the soft power top availability? The previous timeline listed availability in May of 2018. Does this mean it can't be ordered until then? Also, can someone please confirm that the power top will be available on the JL Rubicon (not just the JLU)? Thanks!
+1

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Still find it weird, and a little off-putting that Apple CarPlay and Google Auto is a separate code, makes it seem like it’s an option or premium at some level.

But might just be needed accounting purposes due to Apple & Google’s licensing agreements, etc. $$$
Yep, Toyota basically said "screw both of you" and developed their own interface to work with phones and provide the same features.

With the manual transmission, is the cold weather package discounted since you can't get remote start, or do they just leave the price the same?
I'd like to know this also. The remote start is the #1 feature of the cold weather group.

Geral Hasten

First Name
Geral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yep, Toyota basically said "screw both of you" and developed their own interface to work with phones and provide the same features.

I'd like to know this also. The remote start is the #1 feature of the cold weather group.
Cold Weather Group is 595 with Manual (DEM). See Below

2018_wrangler_4_door_jl_12_21_2017-4-jpg.jpg

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all - I have direct contact with a suit & tie from the Toledo plant and the power roof is still working out some bugs ...leaking in car wash and heavy rain for one . I was told to hold off for awhile until some get released and hear the consumer comments ( pro's & con's) before I trade up

FYI : the 3 piece hard top and the power roof are not interchangeable

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Hi all - I have direct contact with a suit & tie from the Toledo plant and the power roof is still working out some bugs ...leaking in car wash and heavy rain for one . I was told to hold off for awhile until some get released and hear the consumer comments ( pro's & con's) before I trade up

FYI : the 3 piece hard top and the power roof are not interchangeable
I know. I know.
I am a high risk loving kinda guy. As long as I t doesn't leak significantly worse than every other softtops during a heavy rainstorm I am good to go.
Half of the soft tops I have ever driven, as well as my Jeep freedom top, all leak a bit in a car wash or extremely heavy rain.
Sponsored