Sponsored

Updated Options List for 2018 JLU Wrangler Sport, Sahara, Rubicon - incl. Power Top and Selec-Trac

Maxwellfish

First Name
Maxwellfish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Which package contains " remote proximity keyless entry"?
Sponsored

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
They may be, it may just be a code to cover licensing accounting.
It’s a little bit of a concern, but not proof that it isn’t included with the infortainment package.

However, there are many companies that charge(d) for it for $30K+, $50K+, even $100K vehicles, so it wouldn’t make them the first or the last. But would still be F’in annoying!
I can't order until I really know how all these things are inter-related and priced.

We're a Google family and have had Nexus/Pixel phones forever. I'd still want Apple CarPlay if a passenger happens to have an iPhone.
... But I won't pay $500 for that privilege.

So... Cannot order until I can make an informed decision.
Like all these other things. LED lighting sounds awesome but how much is it compared to aftermarket?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I can't order until I really know how all these things are inter-related and priced.

We're a Google family and have had Nexus/Pixel phones forever. I'd still want Apple CarPlay if a passenger happens to have an iPhone.

So... Cannot order until I can make an informed decision.
Like all these other things. LED lighting sounds awesome but how much is it compared to aftermarket?
Aftermarket is not cheap. I have Trucklite headlights on my JK and they were 500 bucks, alone. That doesn't include fog lights, tail lights, turn signals, and markers.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Aftermarket is not cheap. I have Trucklite headlights on my JK and they were 500 bucks, alone. That doesn't include fog lights, tail lights, turn signals, and markers.
Yea aftermarket LED for the whole JK is roughly $750-1,000, but there is no factory warranty, you have have to add in resistors, and most of the stuff is made in China and has issues. Its on of the main reasons I have not not switched to it on my JKU.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd

Looks like it’s part of the infotainment and technology packages, and comes as a single all-in-one group of features. I’m far more confident of that now that the Admin posted their info after this yesterday.

Compared to quality aftermarket the OEM Jeep LEDs are a good price, compared to inexpensive Chinese knockoffs and discount brands that have DOT stamped on them while never having ever been tested for DOT compliance, then sure they are more expensive than those,

The main drawback for me is not enough heat for winter use, so other 3rd party options regardless.

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Sorry if I missed it, but is there any info on the red trim (dashboard) interior ? Is that a standard or an option ? IF SO, which models ?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Sorry if I missed it, but is there any info on the red trim (dashboard) interior ? Is that a standard or an option ? IF SO, which models ?
+1

Might just have to get cloth and install aftermarket red leather

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea aftermarket LED for the whole JK is roughly $750-1,000, but there is no factory warranty, you have have to add in resistors, and most of the stuff is made in China and has issues. Its on of the main reasons I have not not switched to it on my JKU.
I've had the Trucklites for several years now, and they've been flawless. They put the OEM lights to shame. I've got Sylvania LED marker lights, and they are bright and have never had an issue. They both had their own warranty, but I'll tell you, unless I break one of those Trucklites, I'll never have to replace one. They should outlast the Jeep.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Which package contains " remote proximity keyless entry"?
From the beginning of this thread, looks like it comes standard on sahara and rubicon models

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From the beginning of this thread, looks like it comes standard on sahara and rubicon models
Yeah, but is that the same as the Proximity Keyless Entry? I don't think so. PKE is listed as a stand alone option on Rubicon. I'm wondering if it is part of a package?

Sponsored

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
Yeah, but is that the same as the Proximity Keyless Entry? I don't think so. PKE is listed as a stand alone option on Rubicon. I'm wondering if it is part of a package?
When I just re-ordered yesterday, there was no option for PKE available. We selected just about every option, excluding the polished wheels, and no sign of a separate keyless option.

Not sure I've seen many vehicles recently that have options for PKE. We have a 2017 Platinum F150 and a Yukon Denali and both have your typical keyless entry. When shopping for those vehicles, other trim levels had the same keyless entry system.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
When I just re-ordered yesterday, there was no option for PKE available. We selected just about every option, excluding the polished wheels, and no sign of a separate keyless option.

Not sure I've seen many vehicles recently that have options for PKE. We have a 2017 Platinum F150 and a Yukon Denali and both have your typical keyless entry. When shopping for those vehicles, other trim levels had the same keyless entry system.
Not all JLs can have keyless, some are manual locks, they won’t get keyless entry.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

It wasn't available when I ordered, either, and still isn't, from what I've seen. That's why I'm wondering if it is included in a package that is available for order. I'm guessing it is. It is definitely listed in the thread by Admin on option lists. Clear as day.

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
It wasn't available when I ordered, either, and still isn't, from what I've seen. That's why I'm wondering if it is included in a package that is available for order. I'm guessing it is. It is definitely listed in the thread by Admin on option lists. Clear as day.
Yeah, definitely see it on the option lists at the beginning of this thread.

I'm with you in thinking it is included with another package (possibly even with the Rubicon package itself). As an example, there are a handful of options in that list that are not really selectable, such as Android Auto, but are just included with another package.

Also, the Alpine sound is initially selectable, however, as soon as the Infotainment group is selected, the Alpine option greys out and automatically becomes selected.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, definitely see it on the option lists at the beginning of this thread. I'm with you in thinking it is included with another package (possibly even with the Rubicon package itself). As an example, there are a handful of options in that list that are not really selectable, such as Android Auto, but are just included with another package. Also, the Alpine sound is initially selectable, however, as soon as the Infotainment group is selected, the Alpine option greys out and automatically becomes selected.
The next Wrangler generation will have IFS instead of solid axles, mark my words
Sorry for the blank reply...I was having issues with Chrome. Obviously, I've got it worked out.

I saw the Alpine option grey out when my salesman selected the Infotainment group. When he selected the Alpine sound system first, then the infotainment, they both showed on the order sheet. Weird.
Sponsored