Sponsored

*UPDATED* - Half doors: Not available in Punk'n Orange? No problem...

GatorMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I wish I seen them, would have bought them and they match my Jeep. Good find, hope the project comes out well for you.

OP
OP
GatorMBA

GatorMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I wish I seen them, would have bought them and they match my Jeep. Good find, hope the project comes out well for you.
Weirdly enough, he was on the ~4th-5th page of results on Facebook marketplace. They had been listed for 4 weeks!! I happen to just find them bored one night and scrolling much further than I normally would have...

As far as I'm concerned, going that far into marketplace results is like going on the dark web... There's usually some scary crap.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Weirdly enough, he was on the ~4th-5th page of results on Facebook marketplace. They had been listed for 4 weeks!! I happen to just find them bored one night and scrolling much further than I normally would have...

As far as I'm concerned, going that far into marketplace results is like going on the dark web... There's usually some scary crap.
I don’t have Facebook… Old enough millennial to have one in the early days when they finally allowed middle/high schoolers on it and was scared off by all the pedos. Always seems like all the good deals lately are over there.

Sponsored

PumpkinMeatloaf

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Punk'n Edition
Mwuahaha. Got a great deal on some half doors from a fellow Florida Jeeper doing some spring cleaning. Got an appointment with a trusted paint shop later this month.

Until then...
Jeep Wrangler JL *UPDATED* - Half doors: Not available in Punk'n Orange? No problem... PXL_20220202_023859905~2
Hope you have better luck with them matching the Orange for you, I had warranty corrosion fix already and it took them 40 spray samples to even get close and it still off.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
If I was to get a set, I intend to self paint and do a satin black. So not to worry about a match.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Scary in the theme of Grumper and Angry Grills? Maybe unconventional fractional doors (e.g. 3/11 doors)?

OP
OP
GatorMBA

GatorMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
They're home from the shop! I'll need to reassemble the trim, wiring, and panels over the next day or two before installing them. Will be back with pics soon!

P.S. @PumpkinMeatloaf you were right to warn me -- it took quite a few sprays for the shop to get it right. He said Punk'n Orange and Mojito Green are FCA's two hardest colors to get right. We felt bad for how hard the guy worked for this job, so we added 20% to his quote as a thank you.

P.P.S. Just noticed that the white balance of my dome light in a closed garage isn't doing this teaser photo much justice. I promise, it's a solid match.

Jeep Wrangler JL *UPDATED* - Half doors: Not available in Punk'n Orange? No problem... PXL_20220311_193844704.MP

PumpkinMeatloaf

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're home from the shop! I'll need to reassemble the trim, wiring, and panels over the next day or two before installing them. Will be back with pics soon!

P.S. @PumpkinMeatloaf you were right to warn me -- it took quite a few sprays for the shop to get it right. He said Punk'n Orange and Mojito Green are FCA's two hardest colors to get right. We felt bad for how hard the guy worked for this job, so we added 20% to his quote as a thank you.

P.P.S. Just noticed that the white balance of my dome light in a closed garage isn't doing this teaser photo much justice. I promise, it's a solid match.

PXL_20220311_193844704.MP.jpg
lighting, lighting, lighting, punkn orange is my favorite color and it looks different in every single lighting situation by a significant amount, Sunny day looks one way, Sunny day with partial cloudy it looks completely different shade, I understand how hard it was for them, they did their best, just sucks that all of it doesn't match and its noticeable in different light.

Cant wait to see them on your vehicle

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

Jeep Wrangler JL *UPDATED* - Half doors: Not available in Punk'n Orange? No problem... PXL_20220311_193844704.MP
You tease! I can’t wait to see pics on your Jeep.

And Punk’n is absolutely the best color :rock:

PumpkinMeatloaf

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks amazing. Might need to take my jeep to your painter to fix the color on mine...

RubICON1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992,2011,2014,2022 RubICON