Sponsored

Updated front trackbar with stiffer bushings coming to help cure STEERING issues 68394087AA

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
Any idea if these parts are going on in the factory now? I just put my order in last week, but working in automotive I know they’re not likely to throw away parts and jump to the new ones until they run out of old inventory.
Sponsored

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Any idea if these parts are going on in the factory now? I just put my order in last week, but working in automotive I know they’re not likely to throw away parts and jump to the new ones until they run out of old inventory.
No idea. If they plan on doing a recall vs a bulletin, then probably sooner vs later. @JlEngineline might know since he works at the factory - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-may-be-added-because-of-record-sales.15775/

And here is a post about supply line at the Wrangler factory - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wrangler-production-supply-chain.18370/ but might be outdated.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
No idea. If they plan on doing a recall vs a bulletin, then probably sooner vs later. @JlEngineline might know since he works at the factory - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-may-be-added-because-of-record-sales.15775/

And here is a post about supply line at the Wrangler factory - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wrangler-production-supply-chain.18370/ but might be outdated.

I haven't heard anything.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I will check tomorrow. there installed not to far from where I work. anytime there is a change in parts, the rack containing the parts will be visible marked so old material doesn't make it to the line.

Sponsored

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just thought of something that might be interesting. For those of you with the dead spot in the steering wheel, what happens if you put it in reverse, keep the brake pressed and don't press on the gas, look at the lines on the back up camera and turn your steering wheel back and forth within in the "dead spot"? Do you see the lines in the back up camera stay straight, or do they turn? If the lines are based on the steering wheel, the lines should move accordingly. If the lines are based on either the wheels or steering box, then the lines should stay straight within the dead zone. Please test and post your results. Even better if you can show a video of what happens.

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Last edited:

Sponsored

suchacrisis

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado
So can I just bring this up to my dealer to get them to replace mine, or how does it work with a STAR case?

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So can I just bring this up to my dealer to get them to replace mine, or how does it work with a STAR case?
There are two types of Star cases. The first one is a broad or general Star case that applies to multiple vehicles, such as S1819000003. Then there are VIN specific Star cases that can be created for a specific vehicle. So you may have to distinguish the difference when communicating with the dealership. Stating there is "an existing Star case document about loose and wandering steering problems with the JL dated Feb 2019" should help clarify. The best thing to do is to print out the Star case about the steering issue and hand it to them. This eliminates them claiming there isn't a Star case or doing a razzle-dazzle to get out of it. Explain your vehicles symptoms and how it matches up with the info in the Star case. Be prepared to demonstrate the symptoms. They won't make changes to your vehicle based on the Star case if they don't feel the symptoms exist on your specific JL (nor should they). The Star case can be used to improve the communication process with the dealership, since many are claiming there are no Star cases about JL steering problems or they say "it's a Jeep thing".

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
According to the Star bulletin this for 4 doors that have build date prior 5/8/18.

I have a 18' 4 door that was built in 9/18 had a box replaced and now have a 19' 2 door that was built in 10/18 that floats /wanders???? it's been to dealer once.

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
According to the Star bulletin this for 4 doors that have build date prior 5/8/18.

I have a 18' 4 door that was built in 9/18 had a box replaced and now have a 19' 2 door that was built in 10/18 that floats /wanders???? it's been to dealer once.
Just that one part of the Star case that was referring to a different service bulletin was about 4 doors that have a build date prior to 5/8/18. The rest of the Star case applies to all 2018 and 2019 JLs.

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do I have to pay for the new track bar or does jeep? My dealer found the star case and said he'd order the track bar but it wasn't clear to me who was going to pay for it
Sponsored