Sponsored

Updated front trackbar with stiffer bushings coming to help cure STEERING issues 68394087AA

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
What symptoms were you troubleshooting for the vehicles that you installed the new track bar? Have you installed the new Link Rod - 68258760AD yet? Any differences with it?
I got one of these new drag link ends with this part # today. Looks the same but hopefully something in the bushing is different
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Do I have to pay for the new track bar or does jeep? My dealer found the star case and said he'd order the track bar but it wasn't clear to me who was going to pay for it
You pay nothing.

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My dealer installed the new track bar yesterday and it cured my problem. I had an inch of play in my steering that developed over the first few thousand miles.
The parts that wear prematurely and get fixed with this updated part makes sense. In my case, my Jeep had the steering problem the day I drove it off the lot with 11 miles on it. I'm not so sure the new parts will fix mine but I'm still hoping. Been at the dealer now for 2 weeks and counting.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The parts that wear prematurely and get fixed with this updated part makes sense. In my case, my Jeep had the steering problem the day I drove it off the lot with 11 miles on it. I'm not so sure the new parts will fix mine but I'm still hoping. Been at the dealer now for 2 weeks and counting.
Yeah, your play might be in the steering box or a summation of play among all steering components. Please keep us posted.

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Also, Bulletin mentions never adjusting the steering box, but I know the dealership adjusted mine. What could the eventual repercussions of them adjusting this be?

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
Just my experience. I developed death wobble after the install of the Mopar lift. I have changed out the track bar, upper control arms and the steering drag link. (Mind you these are aftermarket higher quality parts) None of this has fixed the problem. My installer did some deep investigation trying to figure this out. It appears to be related to the steering box. When turning the wheel back and forth the pitman arm is jerking forward under strain showing that there seems to be something loose within the box. Off to the dealer I go, I'm sure this isn't going to be easy. :swear:

Sponsored

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just my experience. I developed death wobble after the install of the Mopar lift. I have changed out the track bar, upper control arms and the steering drag link. (Mind you these are aftermarket higher quality parts) None of this has fixed the problem. My installer did some deep investigation trying to figure this out. It appears to be related to the steering box. When turning the wheel back and forth the pitman arm is jerking forward under strain showing that there seems to be something loose within the box. Off to the dealer I go, I'm sure this isn't going to be easy. :swear:
It seems the steering boxes can barely handle stock setups with stock tires. Lifts, bigger tires, etc. probably increases the chances of making the already sensitive steering boxes fail even more. Which version of the steering box do you have? AC? AD? Do you have larger tires? And can you revert all parts to stock before taking it to the dealer?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I didnt want to wait and went ahead and got yeti HD. Thing is a beast. I'm sure new trackbar still won't even come close to this thing.
Did it solve the problem? What problem did you have? Wandering, steering shimmy? Death Wobble?

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
It seems the steering boxes can barely handle stock setups with stock tires. Lifts, bigger tires, etc. probably increases the chances of making the already sensitive steering boxes fail even more. Which version of the steering box do you have? AC? AD? Do you have larger tires? And can you revert all parts to stock before taking it to the dealer?
I'm running 35's so technically speaking I am under the recommended max. I'm not sure what box I have, where do I find the info?

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Thanks.. hoping they "dealer" wouldn't exclude 2 dr based on verbage.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My dealer installed the new track bar (68394087AA) yesterday and it cured my problem. I had an inch of play in my steering that developed over the first few thousand miles.
Tanks is great to hear! Perhaps FCA is getting a handle on this problem for those who are experiencing it!
Sponsored