Sponsored

Updated front trackbar with stiffer bushings coming to help cure STEERING issues 68394087AA

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
My Jeep certainly drives less tight than my wife’s Ford Edge and it tends to be more susceptible to road crown, but it’s not especially loose or wandering. It drives with less precision but does not require undo correction. My JK was similar but had more road feel.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @soringorgan,

Thank you for tagging us. Please feel free to send our team a private message if you would like us to take a look into your case.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel. PCM took a crap at 706 miles, 2 weeks in service. Day 1 Steering Wheel Wondering, I complained to the dealer and they drove test and said is a jeep thing. For $70k better not be a jeep thing because it is very dangerous above 55mph, My complaint is going on every social media and forum until Jeep fixes this or take it back.

I escalated to FCA, I wonder if @JeepCares can do anything to expedite? I can't believe the technician said that is a "Jeep Think" and yes I need to correct the steering wheel all the time while driving because it is a jeep and is a rubicon and this is how they drive. Are you f...ing kidding? I had 15 cars so far and none drove like this, this is a safety thing, not a jeep thing. Major safety Mr. jeep.
Did you try the power steering reset procedure that is in the main steering thread yet? Also it would be a good idea to test drive other Rubicons on the lot, find one that steers like it is supposed to, then tell them you want your Jeep to drive like the good one.

soringorgan

First Name
Sorin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon EcoDiesel
Sorry to hear this, you're not alone... Make sure you file a complaint with NHTSA. To date, there are about 1,200 recorded complaints regarding loose steering & wandering on Wranglers & Gladiators. https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/JEEP/WRANGLER
I did, Love my jeep but this need to be fixed, is not safe and someone could get hurt because of this
Sponsored