First Name
Moshe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Recon JKU 2018, 2021 Rubicon JLU, 2023 392XR
Occupation
Photographer
I ordered the Gravity® LED Pro6 - 50" Light Bar and wanted to hear insights from anyone who installed it, what to look for, pros, cons, etc.
I plan to wire it to the factory AUX, and I also wonder if I need to pair any of the switches or if one (40 amps/switch) is enough.
Also, if anyone installed a lock nut on the lightbar, please share product info/link?
Photos welcome :)
Thanks!
Sponsored

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not a 392 but I had it on my diesel. I sold it because it was too loud with my SOT. It looked really great and was ridiculously bright though. The 40 amp (1 or 2) switch is more than enough. I ran the KC light locks (I think they were the m8 size but I might be wrong) and they worked really well with the KC mounts.

Jeep Wrangler JL [UPDATED] Anyone installed KCH Gravity® LED Pro6 - 50" Light Bar - removed IMG_0426

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
Dont do it!! lol....as awesome as Light bars look, expect alot of noise. The wind hitting it, will make the sound in the cabin very loud when driving on the freeway. I have a Rough Country Black series light bar and its awesome but would not do it again.

OP
OP
ReconMZ

ReconMZ

First Name
Moshe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Not a 392 but I had it on my diesel. I sold it because it was too loud with my SOT. It looked really great and was ridiculously bright though. The 40 amp (1 or 2) switch is more than enough. I ran the KC light locks (I think they were the m8 size but I might be wrong) and they worked really well with the KC mounts.

Jeep Wrangler JL [UPDATED] Anyone installed KCH Gravity® LED Pro6 - 50" Light Bar - removed IMG_0426
Thanks for sharing! nice build.
Have you considered a wind deflector for the noise/flapping on the soft top?

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing! nice build.
Have you considered a wind deflector for the noise/flapping on the soft top?
I tried everything. A wind deflector shockingly made it worse. Not exactly sure why, but I’m assuming it created a low pressure area under where it sits which would make the noise worse somehow. I think it might not be bad with a hard top, but I don’t know for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ReconMZ

ReconMZ

First Name
Moshe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
I tried everything. A wind deflector shockingly made it worse. Not exactly sure why, but I’m assuming it created a low pressure area under where it sits which would make the noise worse somehow. I think it might not be bad with a hard top, but I don’t know for sure.
Yeah, the guy from KC told me on the phone that it will be noisy with the soft top but shouldn't be noticeable with a hard top.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Seems a little silly to have that when about 2sq inches of led’s can put out 20k+ lumens

keg392

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 XR
Someone on one of the Facebook groups installed these and said they were super loud, even with a hard top. It was a recent post.

OP
OP
ReconMZ

ReconMZ

First Name
Moshe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Someone on one of the Facebook groups installed these and said they were super loud, even with a hard top. It was a recent post.
Haha yes it was me :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
ReconMZ

ReconMZ

First Name
Moshe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
OP
OP
ReconMZ

ReconMZ

First Name
Moshe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Took a drive this weekend, 150 miles on a highway. The lightbar, as classic and exotic looking as it is, was so damn loud I didn't even hear a fire truck's horn. Windows closed, hard top sealed, and once you pass the 45MPH, you're done. I'll probably return it next week. Sad to do it, because it's so beautiful looking.
Jeep Wrangler JL [UPDATED] Anyone installed KCH Gravity® LED Pro6 - 50" Light Bar - removed IMG_1443
Sponsored