Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@CarbonSteel
@blink9cd
@zrickety
@other's

8/19/22

I just heard from Grzesiek Wilku Wilczek the JSCAN Tech Support guy, in Warsaw, Poland, and also from Jason Smith, Director of Engineering at OBDLink..

Anyway, the new OBDLink firmware was indeed sent to JSCAN in Poland and it will be evaluated by the JSCAN "Developer" in Poland, when he gets back from vacation on 8/26/22.

After OBDLink hears from JSCAN and other's (that the firmware is aok) the firmware will be available HERE, or through the OBDLink app and it's firmware update feature.

Jason Smith, Director of Engineering at OBDLink also told me he would have one of his guy's let me know when the firmware was avail. for all. I will post here if/when I hear more...
Sponsored

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@CarbonSteel
@blink9cd
@zrickety
@other's

8/19/22

I just heard from Grzesiek Wilku Wilczek the JSCAN Tech Support guy, in Warsaw, Poland, and also from Jason Smith, Director of Engineering at OBDLink..

Anyway, the new OBDLink firmware was indeed sent to JSCAN in Poland and it will be evaluated by the JSCAN "Developer" in Poland, when he gets back from vacation on 8/26/22.

After OBDLink hears from JSCAN and other's (that the firmware is aok) the firmware will be available HERE, or through the OBDLink app and it's firmware update feature.

Jason Smith, Director of Engineering at OBDLink also told me he would have one of his guy's let me know when the firmware was avail. for all. I will post here if/when I hear more...
Many thanks @Rhinebeck01 for following up on this!

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CarbonSteel @blink9cd @zrickety @blkout50 @Anonymous @other's

9/17/22 07:56 am EST, USA

Piotr Bialic, developer of JSCAN ....... just replied to my FB Message to him.

When I asked him if this OBDLink firmware update, Version 5.7.0 Release, Date: September 15, 2022 "Is this firmware what we needed to do the best deed with JSCAN? " he said YES.

He also mentioned > "Also new update for JScan is coming with ui updates "

Many Thanks to Piotr Bialic in Poland! Thanks for JSCAN and for being there for user's of JSCAN.

I updated to this new OBDLink MX+ OBD2 firmware version 5.7.0, without issue.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

When I asked him if this OBDLink firmware update, Version 5.7.0 Release, Date: September 15, 2022 "Is this firmware what we needed to do the best deed with JSCAN? " he said YES.

Many Thanks to Piotr Bialic in Poland! Thanks for JSCAN and for being there for user's of JSCAN.

Bam! It took less than 2 minutes to go from 5.6.19 to 5.7.0.

Jeep Wrangler JL ✅ Important❗️ Update your Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner! - ✔️Firmware Updates Screenshot_20220917-091110

@Rhinebeck01 - found a case to hold the MX+ and the ECRI module on Amazon.

Thanks again for following up on this.

Jeep Wrangler JL ✅ Important❗️ Update your Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner! - ✔️Firmware Updates 20220917_091158

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I love that it's fixed, but sure would like to know what was broken.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@unsavory

I don't necessarily think something "was broken" but rather a firmware update that added new abilities (for a lack of a better word) that would allow JSCAN for one to do certain deeds (I am not sure what deeds those were) that JSCAN was saying could not be accomplished.

Notice in the post I last made where the firmware update info, states "added support" for three different things..

Well, at least the new firmware was released finally.. I know Poland and OBDLink will be glad I am no longer pestering them to get-errrr done... to get the firmware released by OBDLink and checked over by JSCAN and whomever..

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys

Also updated via iOS app. Curious to hear what the new JSCAN is going to be like. Not sure what's on his list, but I would love a search function and much more clear explanations of what everything does.

OBDLink

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
@unsavory

The JScan app required the ELM 2.0 implementation of the "ATCRA" command. This command sets the hardware CAN filter for incoming messages, and the newer version allows developers to set bits in the filter to don't care. This allows app developers to filter for more than one header with the same filter.

Thank you Rhinebeck01 for helping us resolve this issue.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@unsavory

The JScan app required the ELM 2.0 implementation of the "ATCRA" command. This command sets the hardware CAN filter for incoming messages, and the newer version allows developers to set bits in the filter to don't care. This allows app developers to filter for more than one header with the same filter.

@OBDLink

For those that went with an OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner, world’s fastest and highly rated Bluetooth OBD-II adapter .... You made the right purchase decision!

This post from Jason Smith, Director of Engineering at OBDLink is a prime example of why going with a quality product, offered/sold and backed, by a USA company..... that lets say give's a damn so to speak.. They are there for you 110%, after they sell you an offering.... that is a real real plus..

It's obvious, OBDLink... Jason Smith, Director of Engineering, and his Team were all over this need and made it a priority to make beneficial changes in the firmware for the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner.

Thank you to Jason and his Team .... and to JSCAN developer, Piotr Bialic in Poland.

For the record, I did not encourage / ask, Jason Smith to come here and post... to fill us all in on what was done with the OBDLink firmware..

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@unsavory

This is very much appreciated! Thank you for chiming in.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those wanting an OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows

Today, Black Friday, is the day to buy it on Amazon. Lowest price in 30 days.... terrific price at that.. $111.96

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Blue...21-b8f5-093b821c6ba4&pd_rd_i=B07JFRFJG6&psc=1

-------
@CarbonSteel@blink9cd@zrickety
@unsavory @dcm80401 @blkout50
@OBDLink @other's

OBDLink released a new firmware version 5.8.0 on 11/15/22

Latest Version 5.8.0

Release Date:
November 15, 2022
Level of Importance: Recommended

This release added a new feature:
  • Added support for Bluetooth Pairing Mode
See obdlink_mxp-changelog.txt inside the archive for detailed descriptions of the changes.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)