UPDATE-YEP IT’S A JEEP - IT LEAKS

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
UPDATE - DEALER ORDERED HEADER SEAL TO FIX LEAK.

Only had her for 4 days and already after two light rains I find water on the right front floor mat just like my JK. Yep, she is definitely a Jeep alright! Guess I’ll add to the list when I take to dealer next week so they can tell me just like the JK, nothing wrong.
Advertisement

Last edited:

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Only had her for 4 days and already after two light rains I find water on the right front floor mat just like my JK. Yep, she is definitely a Jeep alright! Guess I’ll add to the list when I take to dealer next week so they can tell me just like the JK, nothing wrong.
Are you sure that the water in the floor mat wasn't from your tears of joy? Seriously though, I hope it's an easy fix for you at the dealer.

Last edited:

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any ideas where it is coming from? Top, Door, Fold down windshield?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
With that additional drainage they added maybe with these JL's they will have a few more options to fix it. I have noticed any yet and have been in a couple good hard rains but I was driving. I don't think it's sat in a hard rain yet. Does the car wash count?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
Guess I’ve been lucky, my JK with freedom too never leaked, I took my JLU through a touchless car wash (bought six tickets, used them all just to see), zero leaks (I know stupid and a waste but I’m crazy).

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Guess I’ve been lucky, my JK with freedom too never leaked, I took my JLU through a touchless car wash (bought six tickets, used them all just to see), zero leaks (I know stupid and a waste but I’m crazy).
I'm nutz too!

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
Lol you’d have to be! Stay safe out there Bob

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any ideas where it is coming from? Top, Door, Fold down windshield?
I went through the car wash today and I have a little water that drips out around the right top of windshield and a pillar. Hopefully they will find something at the dealer.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With that additional drainage they added maybe with these JL's they will have a few more options to fix it. I have noticed any yet and have been in a couple good hard rains but I was driving. I don't think it's sat in a hard rain yet. Does the car wash count?
I get a little bit in on the a pillar when i go through the car wash.

Idaho_7

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
I'm thinking some of that "excess water" from 6 washes ended up over there in Bill's Jeep!:rain:

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
So hardtop or soft tips having this issue? I have a soft top... so far no leaky.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement