Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
SFL, but thinking on moving to CFL 😂
Do you know the Wesley Chapel region?
Not to familiar just know it’s before Tampa.
Sponsored

2tall4red

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2021 JLUR 4xe soon!
Occupation
Account Manager
Finally picked up our 21’ JLUR 4xe this afternoon from Chapman. All I can say is WOW. From the beginning Tom and his entire crew have been amazing. Efficient, fast, full communication every step. We had to wait a couple weeks before we could get down to pick up and no issues at all. Now we have our new PHUN ( get it) Jeep and smiles all the way home with it. Next Jeep we get Chapman gets first call!

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Finally picked up our 21’ JLUR 4xe this afternoon from Chapman. All I can say is WOW. From the beginning Tom and his entire crew have been amazing. Efficient, fast, full communication every step. We had to wait a couple weeks before we could get down to pick up and no issues at all. Now we have our new PHUN ( get it) Jeep and smiles all the way home with it. Next Jeep we get Chapman gets first call!
Glad you had a good experience too. People are shocked to hear when I say that I drove to PA to get my 392 from them. We were in and out in about an hour and on the way home.

2tall4red

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2021 JLUR 4xe soon!
Occupation
Account Manager
Glad you had a good experience too. People are shocked to hear when I say that I drove to PA to get my 392 from them. We were in and out in about an hour and on the way home.
Exactly. We traveled from NH and would do it again! Hope your enjoying the new 392!

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I am, I drove from FL to pick it up.
I'm driving mine all the way back from Philly to AZ. That should be fun in winter with half doors filling the entire back. I might actually rent a small uhaul and throw the boxes in there just to be safe.

I am tempting shipping it but I'm just impatient and the quotes for closed transport I've been getting lately are nuts.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm driving mine all the way back from Philly to AZ. That should be fun in winter with half doors filling the entire back. I might actually rent a small uhaul and throw the boxes in there just to be safe.

I am tempting shipping it but I'm just impatient and the quotes for closed transport I've been getting lately are nuts.
Its worth the drive. You get the break in period done + you get to fully spend time in the Jeep.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its worth the drive. You get the break in period done + you get to fully spend time in the Jeep.
That's kinda what I'm thinking. My only hesitation, and granted the front will be PPF'd by then, is that it'll take a lot of shots from rocks from trucks on the interstate. Glass/front end. PPF is great, but it's not bullet proof.

So upside is I get the break in period done and get the time in the Jeep. That sounds lovely, even if it's winter. Downside is potential for damage across 2400 miles of driving on mostly interstates.

Shipping upside is no damage, no major detail job after that I have to do myself. Downside is cost (~$3200 enclosed) and time (up to 3-4 weeks).

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's kinda what I'm thinking. My only hesitation, and granted the front will be PPF'd by then, is that it'll take a lot of shots from rocks from trucks on the interstate. Glass/front end. PPF is great, but it's not bullet proof.

So upside is I get the break in period done and get the time in the Jeep. That sounds lovely, even if it's winter. Downside is potential for damage across 2400 miles of driving on mostly interstates.

Shipping upside is no damage, no major detail job after that I have to do myself. Downside is cost (~$3200 enclosed) and time (4 weeks).
I just had the bug splatters which I just wiped off. I plan on PPF'ing, Ceramic Coating and paint correcting the whole jeep soon.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just had the bug splatters which I just wiped off. I plan on PPF'ing, Ceramic Coating and paint correcting the whole jeep soon.
Yeah there's no way I'd make the 2400 mile drive without PPF. I'd have to repaint the entire front end by the time I'd get back, lol. I'm exaggerating a bit, but it would have quite a lot of chips in the grill, hood and fenders (including rears). So the plan is to PPF before the drive.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

Shipping upside is no damage, no major detail job after that I have to do myself. Downside is cost (~$3200 enclosed) and time (up to 3-4 weeks).
Have you gotten a quote from Montway? If not, I'd suggest giving them a whirl. You can get a quote right off of their website.

Deleted member 59498

Do you guys pay full sales tax when you buy a new car or is it capped at some point? Just curious I know like Tn. is like 7% sales tax. Just an example.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys pay full sales tax when you buy a new car or is it capped at some point? Just curious I know like Tn. is like 7% sales tax. Just an example.
Full.

Some states let you deduct the trade value from the total cost of the vehicle and charge you the tax on the difference, but not all.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you gotten a quote from Montway? If not, I'd suggest giving them a whirl. You can get a quote right off of their website.
Yeah, just did -- they were $2300 and about 8 days Door to Door. I've not used Montway in the past. I was primarily getting quotes from Reliable Carriers and Intercity lines. They're the most reputable in the industry anyway for high end vehicles and do all of Barrett Jackson vehicles. Just need to decide if it's worth it. If Montway can do it without risking any damage (operators can be careless and poorly screened), it would be worth it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.