Not open for further replies.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
I don’t have any experience with the Hellcat, but I have a LOT of experience with hemi-equipped AWD Chargers, and the transmissions have been extremely durable under the worst kind of daily abuse, and we run very sticky tires.

I turned my last Charger in after over 140,000 miles of heavy daily abuse with no transmission problems at all. It was still running and shifting strong the day I dropped it off. My current Charger, now at 110,000 miles, has been the same. Both had multiple hard launches every day of their service lives. That’s typical of our fleet-wide experience over ten years and a couple-thousand Chargers. They have been MUCH more durable, particularly in the transmission area, than the comparatively gutless Crown Vics they replaced.

there is no hemi awd charger
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
So, no chance of a 2 door, no chance of a manual, $61,500 base minimum with non-optional options (plus it will have trim exclusive items) for the Rubi, maybe $64,500 for the "base" Mojave 392.
As crazy as all that sounds, it also sounds strangly reasonable. And, really, it's all about the sounds...gerrrrrrrrrrr!!!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Since some of the info is already out there, I'll say this - This isn't going to be an engine-only upgrade. This is going to be a Rubicon only model that has just about every available Rubicon option group as standard equipment in the price, including color-matched fenders and hardtop.
Ugh, hopefully black top and fenders are eventually available. The mono-color look is barf, never mind that I would destroy those fenders the first couple weeks.

Sponsored

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
Isn't Mojave a trim like Rubicon is a trim or is Mojave a Rubicon sub-trim? All the announcements say this is Rubicon-only.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Rubicon and Mojave are mutually exclusive.

Isn't Mojave a trim like Rubicon is a trim or is Mojave a Rubicon sub-trim? All the announcements say this is Rubicon-only.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Now's the time for a Mojavicon JT. They just need to put the V8 in the Gladiator.

Weren't they talking about a Hercules version quite some time ago?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Mojave is a Rubicon variant with Fox reservoir shocks and reinforced shock mounts, cast iron knuckles and other speed-enhancing desert running mods like the wide track Dana 44 in the rear and LSD. Off road + and cosmetic changes complete the package.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Mojave is a Rubicon variant with Fox reservoir shocks and reinforced shock mounts, cast iron knuckles and other speed-enhancing desert running mods like the wide track Dana 44 in the rear and LSD. Off road + and cosmetic changes complete the package.
Exactly, just put the front locker and disconnecting sway bar on the Mojave and you have the Mojavicon....but now with the V8 engine.

Sponsored

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
To all those that say take my money..........FCA may very well take a VERY LARGE chunk of money. Who wants to start a poll guessing the starting amount. Guessing 75k base.
I'd say that's probably pretty close.
I just spec'd my 2021 Rubicon and it came out to $66k with the 6cyl and just about every option except the dual top group because I never take the hard top completely off anyway. I was thinking about the eco-diesel (around $68-$69k if I remember correctly), but I drove one and honestly wasn't a huge fan. Based on that pricing, I could see $75k for the 392, but it probably won't climb much higher because all of the normal options will more than like be standard on on the 392 package.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
there is no hemi awd charger
Wrong. I have one sitting in my driveway, and another 60 or 70 of them behind my building at work waiting for fleet to install equipment.

Jeep Wrangler JL Update: Reveal Coming Nov 17 @ 12PM ET! Production 392 Hemi V8 Jeep Wrangler Officially Teased! 237BBFCC-58A4-449D-B76D-CB0FEE08F04E

Jeep Wrangler JL Update: Reveal Coming Nov 17 @ 12PM ET! Production 392 Hemi V8 Jeep Wrangler Officially Teased! 3517B498-1F50-4FB9-A1B6-CA68E82F7BB7

Sadly, this year marks the last of them, at least for now. The Hemi is still available for order In two wheel drive, but only the six is available in AWD.

Last edited:

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I'd say that's probably pretty close.
I just spec'd my 2021 Rubicon and it came out to $66k with the 6cyl and just about every option except the dual top group because I never take the hard top completely off anyway. I was thinking about the eco-diesel (around $68-$69k if I remember correctly), but I drove one and honestly wasn't a huge fan. Based on that pricing, I could see $75k for the 392, but it probably won't climb much higher because all of the normal options will more than like be standard on on the 392 package.
To review:
$75k BASE is outrageous. Why?

-Look at where the Hellcat Challenger/ Charger launched (~$63k BASE)
-Look at where the Ram TRX is launching (~$68k BASE)
-People have previously mentioned in THIS thread they are planning on ordering and their dealer contacts tell them it is a $9500 Option, based on information available in the dealer ordering system.
-Someone else already did the math, with that option it puts a 392 Rubi STARTING around $65k
-@TXRubicon has said Embargo lifts at Midnight EST, and he's going to be dropping the goods.

I'm sure an optioned up, dealer marked up 392 CAN hit $75k, but not at BASE.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Pricing has not been set yet, but I’d expect it to within the next few weeks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.