Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
You don't want the 6MT with the current clutch, trust me...
Oh I know, I had an ‘18 JLUR 6MT...that said, they’d have to use a different clutch with the 392 anyway.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I never thought it would really happen.

I argued relentlessly after the media release of the 392 concept that Jeep was just blowing smoke up our asses, given that they told us for years a Hemi Wrangler wouldn't happen because of fuel economy and crash safety (that and JK Hemi Wranglers were notorious for eating fuel and annihilating stock transmissions).

Now it's here. I stand erected. I mean corrected.

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
I'll follow through on my promise to buy just as soon as they confirm it can be had in a two door.

But alas jeeps discrimination against the smaller father of the unlimited will continue.

Sponsored

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
For those saying the manual won't happen if the diesel didn't get one.

You are probably correct. That said between the two the hemi is much more likely. It doesn't have emissions issues and an over the top emissions system to deal with when a person romps on the throttle. Nor does it have a turbo that has to rebuild boost at every shift like the diesel would.

2 Door Manual I have a wad of cash to throw at someone.

2 Door auto I'll throw cash at someone but the first time that trans starts to slip the entire electronics is getting replace with a holley system and the auto is going right in the garbage for a tr-4050.

4 door auto...meh.

Gonna throw a caveat into this. The above two buying scenarios are dependent on Jeep not only offering this with an all time 4wd system. I still want it in 2 wheel on the road and only 4wd when I manually shift it in. No overly complicated 4wd for this guy. No need for a center diff.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, Alaskans don’t take feedback on how to be a red-blooded American from Georgia anymore. Come check out the last frontier if you want a taste of real freedom, less commies, and plenty of uses for a 392 beyond those you’ve mentioned.
Damn, you didn’t need to bring Joe Biden into the mix. That’s hurtful. In my fellow statesmen’s defense, its Atlanta’s fault.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
True, but Jeep needs a budget-friendly power upgrade. The 2.7 V6 turbo in the standard Bronco for $1800 is an insane deal compared to anything in the Jeep lineup. If not the 5.7, Jeep needs to get the mythical I6 turbo to market ASAP.

I’m just curious if Jeep will start offering axle upgrades/lockers outside of the rubicon. That is probably the most appealing thing about the Bronco, my build is a base 4-door Bronco with Sasquatch (lockers F+R, billstein shocks, 35” tires and forged beadlock capable wheels, upgraded front axle) auto trans, hard top, V6 turbo, and it’s about $43k. You can get a rubicon wrangler for that price, but it’s gonna come with the 2.0 or 3.6 which on a day to day basis is a huge downside. If nothing else was done right on Bronco, Ford is storming out of the gate with a fantastic powertrain for a completely reasonable price. Which Jeep has lacked for the past 15 years.
I would love a 5.7 for my own use, but just don't see it happening. The i6 3.0L is the long term plan for ICE models but who knows when it will show up. The 6.4L is the quick fix against the Bronco.

Also lets see how the IFS does. All the initial pictures indicate it will be a let down as clearance looks very limited but we need to see one with the wheels off.

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
14B09E17-33EE-4887-8E97-BD6705C29050.jpeg

Also, I’m curious (read apprehensive) about what options FCA will force bundle with the V8. My guess is that we may see a fully loaded launch edition or certain forced options for early delivery (this is currently the case with the 4xe), but what about the long term?
Just wait, it will only be available on the High Altitude lol.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I never thought it would really happen.

I argued relentlessly after the media release of the 392 concept that Jeep was just blowing smoke up our asses, given that they told us for years a Hemi Wrangler wouldn't happen because of fuel economy and crash safety (that and JK Hemi Wranglers were notorious for eating fuel and annihilating stock transmissions).

Now it's here. I stand erected. I mean corrected.
I was taking mental notes in that thread. Some people had things right but many were far off not just you.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Damn, you didn’t need to bring Joe Biden into the mix. That’s hurtful. In my fellow statesmen’s defense, its Atlanta’s fault.
Oh no you said a bad word, here come the mods to delete your badness :stop:. If it makes you feel any better, I grew up in a state full of boot-lickers and only escaped to the free world 6 years ago. If you ever get a chance to bring your 392 to AK, just bring a half dozen jerry cans (hopefully without CA-compliant nozzles) and a full wallet for BC and YT’s $6/gallon gas.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
More tease...

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I was taking mental notes in that thread. Some people had things right but many were far off not just you.
I'm still curious if there's going to be some goofy caveat that had to happen to make this a reality outside of price and fuel economy. Seeing how the current powertrain challenges a lot of the stock components as it is, it'll be interesting to see what else they've done to make this work.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still curious if there's going to be some goofy caveat that had to happen to make this a reality outside of price and fuel economy. Seeing how the current powertrain challenges a lot of the stock components as it is, it'll be interesting to see what else they've done to make this work.
It will be a small production, 4 door automatic only. Also the engine will be detuned to 450hp and 450tq.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.